Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLawdy everyone I know wants a divorce.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306584&mesg_id=13306584
13306584, Lawdy everyone I know wants a divorce.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jan-14-19 02:24 PM
Well maybe not everyone. But very close family and friends are all having the same convos and its disheartening. Some of them I do think should make that move (dealing with a substance abuser). Some I think are not handling well the ups and down that come with any marriages.

It seem the fault lines in relationships that started showing in the 20s and festered in the 30s because full on life changing earthquakes in our 40s.

What's messing with me is that all of these folks and other have cited in some form or fashion my wife and I relationship as relationship goals and we BOTH tell them that no one knows what goes on in other folks marriage so you can't compare your relationship to someone elses.

My theory is that Social Media got everyone envying someone elses live/relationship and making us all feel worst. My other theory is that no one really THAT happy and everyone is faking it to some level. I don't know.

I need some advice on giving advice!!!

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"