Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyea that's not what I'm saying, at all
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306367&mesg_id=13307789
13307789, yea that's not what I'm saying, at all
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-18-19 10:57 AM
>We are currently living in a nightmare brought about by a
>"shock to the system" from the right.

Trump was not a "shock to the system" in the way you portray. He's a billionaire elitist who has cozy'd up with oligarchs, the Clintons, and elites of all allegiances. He knows how broken Washington is - and he's exploiting that - but his admin. is also run by the same criminals (in banking, finance & war) that have plagued our system for decades.

He's not a "shock to the right", either. If you look at his policies, they are very in-line with what the GOP establishment wants to achieve.

More than anything - Trump has made us reflect and look at our ugly face in the mirror (whereas other politicians did a good job of veiling how broken and corrupt our system is). Trump is a reflection of our current state of affairs - not a shock or challenge to it.

Bernie Sanders would've been a shock to the system in challenging the systemic ills that are rotting the core of our government.

>How is it working out for you and yours? Or people you can
>just have empathy for?
>
>Nah. This whole "lets just blow the shit up" led to Trump and
>fucked up a lot of people's lives.

Yea nobody is saying "let's blow this shit up" (at least nobody I rock with). What I'm saying is - let's really challenge the established order of business as usual in Washington - on all fronts. I welcome progressive and post-partisan challenges to this broken duopoly -- be it from AOC, Tulsi Gabbard, or perhaps a futurist reformer of republicanism who wants to bring that political party back to life so that it's not morally bankrupt, en masse.

-->