Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf Republicans had Tulsi's platform, they'd be on that Thaddeus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306367&mesg_id=13306624
13306624, If Republicans had Tulsi's platform, they'd be on that Thaddeus
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jan-14-19 04:06 PM
Steven throwback.

>like when glenn beck threw on the warby parker glasses with
>the frosted tip hair and supported black lives matter for a
>month lol.

lmao. I do remember that -- he was on CNN trying to button up that "Obama hates white people" chapter of his career lol

>seriously tho...these arent just peripheral issues shes trying
>to reinvent herself on. these are core beliefs. moral
>groundings.

I agree. Having met w/ her and having observed her policy evolution, I'm comfortable with her core beliefs and moral standing. I actually think in some respects, it's more impressive to observe the journey of someone who was programmed by religious conservatism - to later evolve through internal inquiry and experience - into the progressive champion that Tulsi is today.

I realize many will judge her on her past - but I'm judging her on the platform she is presenting and the positions she is working to implement today, not when she was 21.

>we talked about this in the other post...but bernie has been
>downright consistent on just about every issue but guns (which
>i dont really knock him for in vt). it shows that his career
>has genuinely been based on values intrinsic to him and not
>just political calculus.

There's only one Bernie Sanders, though.

>as much as his supporters chide folks for not really being
>progressive or just being opportune progressives (like
>booker/gillibrand coming around on medicare for all)...i still
>have no idea why theyre so die-hard for this woman.

For me - I'm largely a supporter of hers because of her foreign policy prescription - which is a centerpiece issue for me. The fact that her platform mirrors Bernie's in many ways certainly helps to buoy support - but if she didn't have the conviction and nuanced understanding of foreign policy that she has, I likely wouldn't be so high on her. I do also genuinely believe that she has a unique ability to appeal to a broad electorate in a general. In Hawaii she has drawn support all across the political spectrum. That's what you want in a presidential election.

-->