Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti have a few thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306002&mesg_id=13306081
13306081, i have a few thoughts
Posted by Damali, Fri Jan-11-19 09:15 AM
people who have behaved badly around sexual harrassment etc are EXACTLY the people who should be going hardest against sexual predators. It should be on some "i used to be fucked up like this and i wanna make sure no one else has to suffer"...so i disagree with her on that

so Toure royally fucked up by not being that guy that's like, hey i never raped anyone but there was a time when i made a woman uncomfortable with my behaviour,etc...

If he'd been open and sincere about it, I doubt he'd be getting dragged right now...because as far as I'm concerned, the matter itself is settled. He did the thing and faced a consequence for it...he was fired...AND he apologize (albeit, fully in his ego)

So all of this is his own fault for not getting ahead of it and owning up BEFORE being called out.

the one person I've seen over the years who's done a really successful "mea culpa" is Kevin Powell. he's openly talked about hitting women when he was younger, how much he regrets it, what he's learned from it...and has been an outspoken advocate for ending domestic violence...therefore, you don't see the woman/women he's harmed feeling any need to drag him publicly about it.

Toure should have learned from that example.

d