Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: thank you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305789&mesg_id=13307464
13307464, RE: thank you
Posted by Jon, Wed Jan-16-19 08:29 PM
For sure, good exchange.

As someone else alluded to, there are different kinds of evolving, and i guess interpreting whether its sincere or just political shrewdness is a matter of feeling it out and a bit of a judgement call. But i tend to respect any seemingly honest and genuine evolution on a topic that comes from earnesty, even if its away from my own position.

And you might disagree, but i dont think there's much comparison in "coldheartedness" between deliberately trying to keep an innocent man in jail, and believing a particular sexual inclination is unhealthy and supporting an elective optional method of "curing" said inclination. Even if its all BS and they're absolutely wrong about all of that.

If a vegan thinks everyone should stop eating animal products, says nasty things about animal farmers and cheese makers, but isnt trying to make it illegal or put innocent ppl in jail...but said vegan does think meat/milk/honey/cheese is unhealthy and immoral (despite the fact that its the only option for many, and some science that disagrees with veganism) and she even supports a rather ridiculous unproven extreme *cleanse diet* that makes ppl dizzy and weak but will cure them of meat cravings if they want to become vegans, all optional, i might say "thats kind of ridiculous" but im not gonna put her in the same category as someone who would insist an innocent man remain in jail.