Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm of two minds
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305789&mesg_id=13307381
13307381, I'm of two minds
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Jan-16-19 04:50 PM
Because I *do* want a 2020 candidate who can reckon with the failures of the Obama years and can articulate, not just what he missed but WHY they think he wasn't able to accomplish more for X progressive issue. I've got my own views on this that I don't expect any 2020 candidate to share completely, but it's something they should all eventually get on record about.

But it can't just be "he was bad, I am not" because that misses everything externally that hamstrung Obama. I was disappointed that neither candidate in 2016 (on the Dem side) was able to really grapple with this. Hillary mostly tried to bring up how unfairly he was treated (true!) without articulating why this wouldn't happen to her, Bernie would talk about how he was going to will legislation into being.

The Matt Stoller "Obama was the worst president of all time and Dems will get crushed if they don't explicitly run against his legacy" stuff is just trolling, though.