Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThat didn't seem like your point initially
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305789&mesg_id=13307350
13307350, That didn't seem like your point initially
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Jan-16-19 04:08 PM
Your point was lets not expect a perfect candidate, and lets not repeat 2016 mistakes.

But as far as your Kamala point-

#1 I honestly haven't seen any passionate Kamala supporters, to your point. The Tulsi supporters caught my attention because they have been a little loud, and I wanted to understand that since she is such a troubling candidate based on past positions. I wanted to understand how folks were getting past that.

#2 Jon specifically posted something on Kamala and said "I prefer Tulsi..." among others. Opening a discussion on Tulsi.

#3 This thread seems to have become the candidate thread. There's also some talk about Castro if you scroll up, no?

>Have offered other candidates and subsequent criticisms
>
>Anybody post why they're excited for Kamala?
>
>There's pre-emptive plea cops that people who don't like her
>really can't offer any reason other than copface/she's the po
>po
>
>There are a number of troubling cases to reflect upon IRT
>Kamala
>

I don't disagree, its just how the thread developed. That tends to happen. The Beto thread was the candidate thread for a while, too.

>...but somehow this post has devolved into Tulsi statements
>from 2002...?

Cuz we talked about Tulsi in here. In fact, this is where someone posted that she was running initially. And Castro. Etc.

And Jon, specifically, brought her up.

>
>i.e. attacking the other candidates feels like a cover for
>Kamala
>
>when do we start debating her record and policy stances...was
>my point?
>

Go for it. Post your thoughts. I'm curious if you think the Kamala critiques are also "expecting a perfect candidate"

Like I said, I'm not in the Kamala camp and I guess she just hasn't sparked the interest that Tulsi has (based on her history/controversy)