Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis was carefully crafted to assassinate character
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305789&mesg_id=13306488
13306488, this was carefully crafted to assassinate character
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-13-19 11:13 PM
The very first tweet talks of the the religion of the other candidates - and then fails to mention that Tulsi is Hindu; instead stating that she is "the only non-lawyer." Weird out the gate to not mention her faith when she mentions everyone else's.

Then - it starts off by implying Tulsi is pro-life. She's not. She's pro-choice.

Next, she states that Tulsi is anti-LGBQT. lol. Really?

She's a member of the LGBT Equality Caucus in the House and has been endorsed by the Human Rights Campaign.

It's kind of hard to continue the game when you start off like that. Is this Neera Tanden's burner account?

re: gun control?

Tulsi has an F-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association, and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

I guess she's really just a plant who rocks with Steven Bannon on the weekends in Malibu, tho.

>you think it might be time to re-evaluate your assessment of
>her a lil bit?

Not at all. She's not perfect and certainly has her flaws and historical challenges - but the irony in this purity test from Centrist Dems is laughable.

I love Warren - but she's polarizing as hell to the electorate. Castro? He's just trying to stay active and set something up in the future. Beto? I like the energy behind him - but what has he really done besides run a brilliant, spirited (and losing) campaign against Cruz?

Tulsi deployed twice to war in the mid-east, has seen the ugly face of war. Marched at Standing Rock - flew into war-torn Syria under dangerous circumstances to get a first-hand, on-the-ground account of what's actually going on.

Her evolution as a person has been remarkable. She was raised conservative, joined the army because she was conservative and in her time abroad learned of the dangers of fundamentalism and legislating morality. She self-reflected and realized the hypocrisy of the conservatism of her father - and evolved, genuinely.

We celebrated Obama for evolving on issues. Hillary wasn't destroyed like this from most of the people sounding off on Tulsi, despite Hillary living a privileged life full of denying rights to people based on her perceived superiority. It took her decades to evolve on lgbtq rights and she only did so when forced by political shifting climate. But Tulsi evolves into her progressivism and it's unforgivable?

I still think she's the most viable challenger in a general election thus far. That may change with Harris or Beto entering the race, as I could see both of them front-running effectively if they are crowned the presumptive darling.

But I will say that I was expecting this backlash from within the DNC ranks for Gabbard. But let's be open-source in the spirit of healthy competition and let them fight it out via debate - so that the people can hear whether Gabbard is really the anti-lgbqt, anti-muslim, pro-life Bannon tomboy that "poliwonk hipster" swears she is.

-->