Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectcouple things...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305786&mesg_id=13305804
13305804, couple things...
Posted by Selah, Thu Jan-10-19 11:00 AM
>RE: If you plan on defending Michael, you should read Unmasked

I'm curious about the idea of people who are PLANNING do defend a dead guy (10 years...maybe this planning is to coincide with it being a decade)?

still, methinks whatever opinion one might have 10 years after his death is pretty set in stone, so what exactly would be the point of this "planned" defense? who would the planner be trying to convince?

*ponders*

>There is a documentary to be released about two of Michael
>Jackson's accusers who are now in their thirties.
>
>https://themuse.jezebel.com/michael-jacksons-alleged-child-sexual-abuse-is-the-subj-1831630093

this is a sidebar...

i'm, a bit nonplussed about the number of former-gawker-site articles that are presented here on OKP for discussion. the number of poorly written and barely researched root/deadspin/jezebel "articles" that are imported makes me think of the chinese knockoffs with lead paint that you see all over LA from the ships @ san pedro (but I digress...)

its like we have become/are becoming a satellite site for their comments sections

remember back when people would come HERE for content then go write/post it elsewhere for internet props (as opposite)?

how the mighty have fallen

guess we gotta post *something* (content matters), but still

sheesh

>The story is Halperin set out to investigate the alleged
>assault claims and prove MJJ's guilt but by the end of the
>investigation, he concluded that MJJ was innocent. He also
>concluded the big secret that MJJ was hiding was that he was
>indeed gay.

he dead. *IF* he hid that, is it REALLY cool to dig up his bones and tell secrets he didn't want told so you can get rich $4 at a time

>now seems like a good time to re-read since it's all that twitter >will be talking about in
>about 2 weeks.

as a brother, on some unsolicited intervention steeze, yesterday when i left work (and therefore this site) the last thing i saw was a comment from you about what twitter is saying/doing

today, the first thing I see is you trying to get ahead of the twitter-curve

you seem like a decent enough cat, so with all due respect, please consider that perhaps you are (getting?) too caught up in what a bunch of not-that-cool-at-all folks out in the ether-web are doing

please don't give them (more) power like that

the world is already screwed up enough

PLEASE know i'm saying this with no intended snark, and I fully recognize that you might/can easily get huffy and retort all salty and whatnot for your own points

I just really think this kinda muckraking (the speculation and whatnot on graves) and fishing for props (wanting to be the flagbearer in the "what da innanet is talkin' 'bout") is one of the real problems of the world and am willing to title at the windmill of trying to be civil and inject a little light into the darkness. i really want us to be better

let the poasting commence...