Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJeff Bezos about to have the world's most expensive divorce (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305561
13305561, Jeff Bezos about to have the world's most expensive divorce (swipe)
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-09-19 11:15 AM
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/09/how-much-could-mackenzie-bezos-get-in-a-divorce.html

Jeff Bezos’ divorce could become the most expensive in history — exactly what he pays out will depend on the complexities of marital law and the value of Amazon.

Bezos announced in a tweet Wednesday that he and his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie, have “decided to divorce.” His tweet suggested that it will be an amicable parting, saying “we remain a family and we remain cherished friends.”

And it’s possible that any settlement and support he gives MacKenzie is negligible in the context of his wealth, which at the latest tally was around $137 billion.

But Washington state, where the Bezoses live, is a community property state. That means that any wealth made during their marriage could be split equally between the two. Since Amazon was founded a year after the Bezoses were married, MacKenzie could argue that she is entitled to half of Bezos’ entire Amazon-based fortune — $137 billion at latest count. That means she could get as much as $66 billion based on the value of the company today.

To fund a settlement that big, Bezos would have sell or pledge shares, which could dilute his ownership and control of the company. Bezos owns just under 80 million shares of Amazon, or just under 16 percent of the company, according to regulatory filings.

But divorce attorneys say that is highly likely MacKenzie would want the family fortune to continue to grow — and that is tied large part to Jeff Bezos’ control of the company. So she would be unlikely to push for a settlement that would require him to sell shares that would dilute his control — and any reduction of his 15 percent stake in the company.

“The issue will be how to value the assets with diminished control,” said Jeffrey Fisher, a divorce attorney in West Palm Beach who has handled several billionaire divorces. “There would be an argument by the attorneys that the Amazon stake is not worth as much without Bezos in control, so that would affect any settlement.”

The most expensive U.S. divorce so far is believed to be Steve and Elaine Wynn in 2010, which was estimated at $1 billion. Oil tycoon Harold Hamm famously wrote a check for $974.8 million in 2012 for his divorce.
13305563, When you're that rich, why fight it? Just give her half. You'll still be
Posted by Teknontheou, Wed Jan-09-19 11:19 AM
rich beyond imagination.
13305568, Seems he can't do that w/o losing control of the company which would...
Posted by Creole, Wed Jan-09-19 11:29 AM
RE: When you're that rich, why fight it? Just give her half. You'll still be

leave him unable to hand the company over to their kids if he so desired to at some point. They'd get the bread still but not be able to maintain power.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/170914-jeff-bezos-day-children.jpg

This just made me think of HBO's "Succession" show. LMAO
13305571, Because you don’t get that rich being generous and nice
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-09-19 11:31 AM
Plus it’s divorce. If someone cheated and there is bitterness that tends to make folks do irrational things.

and it’s not like his 137 Billion is sitting in a bank. A lot of that wealth is shares. If he gives her half, he is toast at the next board meeting.

13305569, Trump tweet incoming
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Jan-09-19 11:29 AM
13305573, It's absurd he's allowed to be worth that much money
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Jan-09-19 11:34 AM
13305578, It really is... especially if you got folks overworked and underpaid
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-09-19 11:58 AM
in warehouses

I hate capitalism

13305579, i'll hate it AFTER I make my 1st billion.right now i'm trying to come UP
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Jan-09-19 11:59 AM
lol

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13305592, I’m good once I get to 500 mill
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-09-19 12:17 PM
Real talk, when you really think about a Billion being 1,000 million it’s insane wealth.

13305574, They put out a joint statement as "cherished friends..."
Posted by Marbles, Wed Jan-09-19 11:35 AM

Maybe it's not contentious and won't get ugly? Maybe she'd be happy to ride off with several billion without messing with his shares of the company?
13305584, Hard to imagine a scenario she doesn't ride of happly.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jan-09-19 12:09 PM
I mean suppose if she only got 2 billion dollars. That's 2 Billion Dollars!!!!

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13305588, Exactly what I was thinking.
Posted by Marbles, Wed Jan-09-19 12:13 PM

She'll leave the marriage as a multi-billionaire, no doubt. It may look bad if you get 2 multi-billionaires fighting over a paltry hundred million. LMAO!
13305590, but realistically though, would any wife be ok with just 2 B's tough?
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jan-09-19 12:16 PM
can't you just picture her like

IS THAT ALL I'M WORTH TO YOU
13305794, she wrote the amazon business plan to secure initial funding
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jan-10-19 10:24 AM
and was one of the 1st employees.

they breaking her off lovely.
13305585, i had no idea that dude had kids. I swear he was childless
Posted by double negative, Wed Jan-09-19 12:09 PM
as an aside, I've started to notice a lot of rich/powerful dudes actually have kids which bucks the whole kids or riches notion thats popular among certain groups
13305591, Adrian Fenty sitting somewhere looking like Herman Cain's '12 Ad
Posted by Cam, Wed Jan-09-19 12:16 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2018/06/11/feature/the-quest-of-laurene-powell-jobs/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8a894ae7ecd8
13305773, TMZ claims he was caught cheating
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-10-19 08:09 AM
13305782, dude has 137 billion, of course he got hoes, she probably wants her own.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-10-19 09:41 AM
13305783, trump had the national enquirer follow him across the country
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jan-10-19 09:44 AM
for 4 months.
https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/1083149855890046976

im insinuating/assuming a whole lot. but thats prolly how all this will play out.
13305784, The national enquirer led “investigation” uncovered it
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jan-10-19 09:46 AM
13305787, Meh, I kind of think when you are that rich you don't "cheat" per se.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-10-19 10:06 AM
With so much money at stake and having so much wealth it seems silly to sneak around and have an affair.

Especially these rationale and money focused business people. I think you say, Wife, I think I'd like to have sex with other people but want us to still have the public image of a family and go to events together. I'll keep it low profile and never embarrass you. how much will that cost?

If you think I am pulling this out of my ass, Warren Buffet has had a side joint for decades that everyone knows about. Googles that ish.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13305797, That's basically what happens but then then stupid shit goes on lol...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-10-19 10:42 AM
>With so much money at stake and having so much wealth it
>seems silly to sneak around and have an affair.
>
>Especially these rationale and money focused business people.
>I think you say, Wife, I think I'd like to have sex with other
>people but want us to still have the public image of a family
>and go to events together. I'll keep it low profile and never
>embarrass you. how much will that cost?
>
>If you think I am pulling this out of my ass, Warren Buffet
>has had a side joint for decades that everyone knows about.
>Googles that ish.
>
>
>**********
>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>
>"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13306357, Buffett's situation is pretty different though
Posted by Nodima, Fri Jan-11-19 10:41 PM
They basically divorced without divorcing when Susie moved to California, and Susie and the new girl were friends; Susie introduced her to Warren HOPING he'd date her, in fact. Her and Warren had pretty different political views in the 70s and she was the one that left seeking a different kind of lifestyle; it wasn't until her cancer diagnosis that Warren started seeing the world a little more like Susie did.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
13305814, "caught cheating" & "billions of dollars" don't go together
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jan-10-19 11:15 AM
Okay, actually I can see how they do if dude was sneaking around or having side relationships. Gotta be honest. Or should have thought ahead years ago and divorced the jawn already. Sneaking around is for losers.

Already told my girl if I get rich & famous I'm pounding some random jawns. So side relationships/babies tho.
13305956, Cheating is cheating.. especially if it’s with someone else’s wife
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-10-19 03:35 PM
13305948, Damn they got his texts. breh spits game like a robot
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-10-19 03:22 PM
https://pagesix.com/2019/01/10/jeff-bezos-racy-texts-to-lauren-sanchez-revealed/

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was sending racy sexts to his glamorous neighbor months before announcing the end of his marriage this week, according to a new report.

“I want to smell you, I want to breathe you in. I want to hold you tight.… I want to kiss your lips…. I love you. I am in love with you,” the billionaire messaged former “Extra” anchor Lauren Sanchez on May 13 last year, according to the National Enquirer.

In April, he also texted her, “I love you, alive girl. I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon,” the tabloid reports.

The tech tycoon and his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie, announced the end of their marriage in a tweet Wednesday — right before Page Six revealed that Bezos is now dating Sanchez, the wife of Hollywood talent mogul Patrick Whitesell.
13305952, Alexa, send a sexy text message to Lauren Sanchez
Posted by sectachrome86, Thu Jan-10-19 03:26 PM
lol jesus
13305964, he's a 54 year-old nerd what do you expect?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-10-19 03:42 PM
13306211, this muhfucka really got AI game**: "I love you, alive girl".
Posted by poetx, Fri Jan-11-19 02:42 PM
i saw somebody reference that shit on twitter, but didn't know this was the origin.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
13306212, bezos game: "i want to sex you, human person"
Posted by poetx, Fri Jan-11-19 02:42 PM

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
13306349, 'with my eyes'< ---- he bout to pull out that glass eye and rub her nipples???
Posted by Castro, Fri Jan-11-19 09:30 PM
..."kin-ky" (c) Harvey Korman

13305954, Richest man in the world, and you throw it all away for her?
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jan-10-19 03:31 PM
https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/who-is-Lauren-Sanchez.jpg

Current wife seems like a rider.

New chick got kids by Tony Gonzales, and a resting attitude face. Ain't gonna end well for JB.
13305958, he'll still be rich lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-10-19 03:38 PM
13305961, Define ALL...
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-10-19 03:40 PM
if not her it would be someone else.

Prolly ain’t had real sex in a looooong time.

Doesn’t matter who she had kids with or her attitude. That strange yo.
13305962, RE: Richest man in the world, and you throw it all away for her?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-10-19 03:40 PM
>https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/who-is-Lauren-Sanchez.jpg
>
>Current wife seems like a rider.
>
>New chick got kids by Tony Gonzales, and a resting attitude
>face. Ain't gonna end well for JB.

plus that lets you know she got that fiyah went from trapping HOF seed to bagging billionaires at almost 50
13306350, Lauren must be letting him plug his jack into her HDMI port.
Posted by Castro, Fri Jan-11-19 09:32 PM
13306351, As ridiculous as this is, its probably the most human thing Bezos has done
Posted by Castro, Fri Jan-11-19 09:43 PM
in the past 25 years....at least in the public eye.
13306483, trump finally takes shot at bezos
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jan-13-19 09:09 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084627451983073280

id love to see bezos make it his personal vendetta to take down trump. dude has more money than both koch bros combined and his own press operation. he needs to stop playing the middle of the road.