Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere was a large pile of snow in front of my car today...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305265&mesg_id=13306941
13306941, There was a large pile of snow in front of my car today...
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Jan-15-19 09:24 PM
messing with google maps as I started pulling off I roll forward on to the damn pile of snow. UGH! I back up, pull off and away from the curb like normal and hear this loud clanging rattle. Double ugh! Turns out I pulled loose that engine splash guard cover thing under the car and the metal was dragging on the street. But I didn't really determine that until I had parked again 12 miles away from home. UGHHHHHHH! My car is low to the ground - a 2 door Honda Civic and I tried to reach under once the car was parked but couldn't reach it. I was texting with my coworker who was like "I will fix it when you are back in the office tomorrow." But I had to get home tonight an THEN to the office tomorrow. So I call roadside assistance at lunchtime and tell them in so many words "...I need this cover thing removed because it is now dragging on the ground." They said all they can do is tow the car. I didn't want them towing my car because seriously all I needed was that dragging piece of metal removed. So I started considering using that lift thing for changing tires to lift the car up and get it myself, but I did not want that car falling on me. SO I started texting people - no responses. Then I at the restaurant I ate lunch at I ask strangers at a restaurant for help. They said find a shop. So I went back to the training I was in for the day and after it ended I found Sams Tire and Battery close by. They could hear me driving up. First guy I talked to said "We only do tires and batteries and I am off anyway so ... ask the guy at the front." I drove closer the garage bay area - those guys came outside because they could hear me. I get out the car like "I know y'all heard me drive up. Can somebody please help me? I just need the car lifted up and the thing removed." One of guys made a remark that I honestly didn't hear but he quickly apologized and said "I'm just joking." The other guy drove my car on to the lift thing and within 5 mins had that piece of metal off and was knocking snow out of my undercarriage.

It was frustrating and embarrassing. Oh and my car insurance opened a claim over a tow I didn't even receive. Ugh!

And - totally unrelated to cars but -as I was typing this my mom called me and said my uncle passed away about an hour ago. He had cancer and has had hospice going since December so, I knew it was coming. A day ... it was a day.