Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI got a 2018 Rogue SV AWD
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305265&mesg_id=13305461
13305461, I got a 2018 Rogue SV AWD
Posted by dgonsh, Tue Jan-08-19 04:58 PM
Just posted about it in my comment below. My tiguan got totalled in an accident. Got a great deal on the rogue. Its a FINE suv. Its not sexy. Its not fun. It handles really well. A little anemic. But its very functional. Easy to drive. Has Apple CarPlay which is amazing to me. Has most of the important advanced safety features even on the base level. I had to have the AEB (autonomous emergency braking) sensor replaced. It was snowing lightly and the AEB malfunction light came on. I took it to service and the ordered a replacement part that apparently is newer and doesn't have the same issue. We'll see. The gas mileage is pretty great. The trunk hide-and-divide storage is brilliant. the back seat is very spacious. the "nasa-designed" front seats are SUPER comfortable and i drive long hours for work weekly.

I think the new Rav 4 that just came out has an appealing look. The CX-5 is apparently the most fun to drive. The CRV is the fairly undisputed champ that hits all the sweet spots without excelling at anything.

Re: The Escape
I had the 2017 or 18 (i can't remember) escape as a rental and DESPISED it. The seats were SO uncomfortable. The model i had which was the second from the bottom had a tiny ass non-touch screen. no blind-spot monitor. It was just so disappointing compared to every other basic CUV I've driven/test-driven. I really hated it.