Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf I hadn't said it, people would have come to that conclusion anyway
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13304643&mesg_id=13304796
13304796, If I hadn't said it, people would have come to that conclusion anyway
Posted by Hitokiri, Fri Jan-04-19 04:43 PM
Every single person I know who has listened to then has come to the same conclusion. Every single person without any prompting says "Dang they remind me of OutKast" Or "I get OutKast vibes from these dudes" People just don't like be told that upfront, it turns them off. But they are in a lot of ways, a lot like OutKast. A duo from Atlanta, who makes "weird" music compared to what the rest of the region is doing. Johnny Venus is a lot like Andre stylistically and WowGr8 (formerly Doctur Dot) is a lot like Big in that he's the "regular" Atlanta nigga of the two (but a different generation of "regular").
Don't get me wrong, OutKast is my favorite group of all time and Andre my favorite rapper of all time. And if you'd read my entire post -- I don't think EarthGang is better, or even as good as Kast. But if you think the comparison isn't apt, you're lying to yourself.