Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've seen all these movies & found this one aite. ****SPOILERS****
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300821&mesg_id=13328948
13328948, I've seen all these movies & found this one aite. ****SPOILERS****
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Apr-28-19 06:33 PM
I was expecting a better movie than this for the finale.

Negatives:

I was disappointed that the Hulk never redeemed himself after catching a beatdown in the first one. Sure, we saw Professor Hulk, which was cool, but it would've been cooler if he put hands on Thanos and we got to see him go extra hard... maybe even turn into Worldbreaker or something remotely resembling it.

They kept saying Black Widow's death is irreversible, but Gamora's back, so obviously that's false.

Speaking of which, I've been wanting Hawkeye to die since Age of Ultron... just not a fan of his character, and Black Widow is one of my favorites, so...

I would've liked to see more of Black Panther doing his thing in the battle. There was only the one scene where he ran with the gauntlet.

Positives:

Watching them travel to find Avengers reminded me of the first one. I enjoy that sequence however they execute it.

Cap picking up Thor's hammer was pretty cool. He put in work before Thanos smashed him.

Scarlett Witch giving Thanos a run for his money was interesting.

Captain Marvel coming through the clouds during the battle was dope. They always give her nice entrance.

Valkyrie's horse looked cool during the battle

Iron Man meeting his father, and his father saying "the greater good rarely outweighed my self-interest" set up his death very well.

Stan Lee's appearance was awesome in this one.

?:
Cap returning on the bench was a stretch. At first I wondered why he didn't come back to the launching point. Ok, so he lives a life. But he comes back old, so I wondered how he aged, because he still took the serum according to the shot of him dancing with Peggy. So it's not the serum that kept him from aging, but the fact that he was frozen in ice? Aite, I guess. So he didn't come back to the launching spot because he kept tabs on time for 80 years and just drove over to that spot on the day they launched him? Ok I guess.

Overall: The movie leading up to the action and "payoff" was better than the payoff itself for me. I think Marvel always does a great job with the non-action parts of the movie, the drama, the story line, etc, but for this to be the big finale, the grand action sequence just didn't bring it. Can't put my finger on it yet, but this one just seemed almost lazy and uninspired, like even Marvel was just tired of these joints.