Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI liked it ***SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER***
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300821&mesg_id=13328898
13328898, I liked it ***SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER***
Posted by Marauder21, Sat Apr-27-19 11:43 AM
Went to pee twice during the trailers and was able to sit through the entire thing. Saw some people who had to go multiple times and missed big things.

***SPOILER THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS****

-Never heard that many people crying in a superhero movie before. Tony going GOT people. I don't really cry from movies, but I had to fight back a little something during Cap and Peggy's dance.

-Black Widow going was a surprise. I don't think there's anyone outside of Jeremy Renner's agent who wanted her to be the one to die in that scene. I heard the upcoming solo flick she has is going to be a prequel, so that would still work. But I still don't think she's going to stay dead forever. Avengers 5: The Search For Widow?

-I have briefly thought about the time travel implications of how Steve was able to go back in time, stay with Peggy and not completely fuck up the entire timeline. I think it probably makes sense, but if I were to get too into it I'm certain it probably wouldn't hold up (wasn't SHIELD started in the first place because Captain America was believed to be dead?) But that's true of everything with time travel.

-I thought the final battle was kinda . . . meh? I got a kick out of the initial reveal of the Wakandan/Asgardian/Wizard forces coming through the portals, *that* particular come together scene that made chuds mad and various people running with the football, but it felt like a rehash of IW, only the stakes felt lower for some reason.

-The Russo Brothers have a great understanding of comedic timing. Might have laughed hardest at the rock guy from Ragnarok complaining about trolls or Star Lord getting clobbered while he was dancing in the past.

-THE Halloween costume for this year's white male between the ages of 20-45 is going to be Lebowski-Thor.

-Did Gamora get sent back to her own timeline once the snap was undone?

-As a big fan of The Leftovers, I loved the "everyone dealing with their survivor's guilt" stuff. Can see why others didn't like it, though.

-I get that it has happened more recently in the comics, but the MCU version of Cap giving the title to Sam and not Bucky doesn't make sense. This dude was willing to break up the Avengers for Bucky, and he's not the #1 choice? Shit, you could've even have Bucky turn it down and give it to Sam because Bucky's guilty about all of the people he killed as Winter Soldier. Felt like an out of character thing to do.

-Was surprised Vision didn't come back since there's the upcoming Wanda/Vision Disney+ series. I guess they could always have a backup of his consciousness somewhere.

-If it's five years later, how are Peter and his best friend still in high school?

-FYI, the guy standing alone by himself at Tony's funeral was the kid from Iron Man 3 (had to look it up.)