Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectvery good, not great. (tokpr?)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300821&mesg_id=13328861
13328861, very good, not great. (tokpr?)
Posted by Riot, Fri Apr-26-19 07:15 PM
or maybe great, but not the level of excellent that marvel has hit a few times in the past

cosign the comment that the start is kinda slow and the finale is kinda rushed a lil.
light on the humor compared to other marvel flicks.

and a few logic gaps/plotholes that stood out more in the beginning cuz things were moving slower. i also was kinda mad cuz random spoiler guesses i ran across online in the past few weeks were turning out to be true, but then the story started going other places.

no real shockers, except maybe how close the mad titan was to running a back-2-back, like when bosh tipped the rebound and ray allen hit the 3 to cancel the spurs parade

definitely got some nostalgia/fan points for being "the end of an era", that made some moments and the overall feel a little more important than if it had been just a standalone movie.
same way episode 3 got bonus points for the anakin to vader transformation, than it would if u didnt know the backstory/relevance

also walking out after i felt kind of a weight lifted at everything being "over". 10 years, wow. amazing run. and endgame = a great sendoff.
now its gonna be interesting to see how disney uses the fox franchises and new streaming network to spin off all the other storylines.