Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't disagree that it was horrible to be involved with BUT nobody...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300593&mesg_id=13300853
13300853, I don't disagree that it was horrible to be involved with BUT nobody...
Posted by Creole, Fri Dec-07-18 10:38 AM
RE: GHW Bush was complicit in selling dope to arm the contras

made anybody sell/indulge in/snort/smoke dope.

It is one of the most despicable things ever, IMO, for a government to sanction the selling of illegal substances and seemingly allow those narcotics to flow into poor, Black, and Brown communities. However, I've not heard of anyone forcing people in those communities to partake in the shit.

As I'm aging, I feel more and more compelled to look at persnal accountability and responsibility. I've got an uncle who, seemingly to me, had it going on. He was a veteran. He was fly. He had women. He had nice cars. Kept money in his pockets. All of that.

Then, outta the blue, this dude started hittin' that pipe and stealing shit. He became unreliable. He became a customer of middle school buddies of mine who came from middle class families but who also felt the need to build a rep. All of that seems like choices were made.

So, again, Bush's complicity in the overall scheme will be something he has to answer for just like all the other actors - sellers, users, and abusers - will have to answer for "when God comes" (Craig Mack,'94).