Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300371&mesg_id=13303050
13303050, RE:
Posted by fontgangsta, Thu Dec-20-18 10:48 AM
>1. Where do you get your morals from?

My experience has been that (at least for me) morals are built into us. When i do something wrong, i feel like there is a rock in my gut. When i do something good I can feel the fullness in my chest. I believe we are programmed to know right from wrong in that very physical and visceral way. I don't need a book to tell me that. But we do need to be trained to recognize those signals. And we do have to be taught basic rights and wrongs which are largely a collective societal decision (and some would argue quite arbitrary)

>3. Who created, Time, Matter, and Space?
>4. What existed before the Big Bang and what caused it

Your answer to both of these questions might be "god".
My answer to both of these questions is "i dont know".
i would argue that we both answered those questions in the exact same way using different words.
I am no less filled with awe about my existence just because i dont know what to attribute it to, than you are about yours just because you are attributing it to "god"
A relationship with God is about faith (right?), which (to me) means trusting in the unknowable, the unprovable. I just don't feel the need to put a "face" on that unknown, im simply comfortable with it as it is.