Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOk, He's the answer to your question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300371&mesg_id=13301270
13301270, Ok, He's the answer to your question
Posted by Case_One, Mon Dec-10-18 03:39 PM
>Could he/she create a rock so large that he/she could not
>move it?

I've said it to ColdTruth and other before, these kinds of statements like this, in which people try to put God against himself sound good to some folks that want to be SNARKY or sound really basic deep, but they fail on every level upon deeper analysis. The kind of question was used by the Pharisees, Scribes, and Sadducees when questioning Jesus.

The goal of this kind of question is framed to affirm the premise that God is not omnipotent. The question is framed but a lack of understanding when it comes to the omnipotence of God. Again, it sounds good, but it really nonsense. And my man C.S Lewis once said, “Nonsense is still nonsense even when we speak it about God.” Folks like asking nonsense questions like can the Being of unlimited power produce something to limit Him.

So, let's just deal with the facts. Omnipotence does not mean being able to do the logically impossible or logically contradictory for the God - the creator of Space, Time, and Matter.

The fact is that God cannot create square circles or one ended sticks. God can do anything that’s logically possible - but not logically contradictory. The Lord God can create something out of nothing, He can make divide a sea, make city walls fall, turn a river into blood, cause a virgin to become pregnant, but He can’t make something exist and not exist at the same time, He can’t cause a man to speak and be silent at the same time, and he can't make a newborn baby be 90 years old at the same time. The logically impossible has nothing to do with Omnipotence.

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins