Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300363
13300363, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Dec-05-18 12:09 AM
13300383, c’est la vie...
Posted by Trinity444, Wed Dec-05-18 10:19 AM
I really want to start smoking weed again and I wanna see South Africa

someone come get me...
13300642, Smoke it then, what's the big deal?
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Dec-06-18 10:00 AM
13300404, I think I am going to call out my bosses Email Courage.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Dec-05-18 11:03 AM
Dude has been sending Nasty emails lately but when in person he doesn't talk to me like that. A co-worker who experienced the same thing calls it email courage.

I am entering the idgaf phase of my employment so I am thinking I am going to mention to him that his emails are...uncalled for.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13300417, Helicopter parents are terrible
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Dec-05-18 11:29 AM
I hope I never become one.

Wife has a parent who emails her and every other teacher at 11:30 PM every night and keeps threatening to sue the school over her kids grades and dude has a B average.

Her husband works overseas.. and I think I know why.
13300516, Have you seen THIS though.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Dec-05-18 02:02 PM
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/12/should-parents-eat-lunch-their-children-school/577117/
13300562, I saw that.
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Dec-05-18 03:38 PM
parents not letting kids grow up without them. trying experience everything with them.

nah b. let them have bad decisions, bump their heads, etc. they'll be fine.
13300676, LET THEM EAT IN PEACE
Posted by infin8, Thu Dec-06-18 11:41 AM
g-tDAMN.

lunchtime was the one time you got to kick it uninhibited. I don't wanna see my mama.

what kinda needy parent bullshxt is this, LOL.

this is hilarious.

I've always been of the opinion that school is a social microcosm of the 'grown-up' world, where you give your child a chance to learn the ropes. Barring any serious issues, we'll talk about it WHEN YOU GET HOME. That's how you "..become more active and involved in their children’s school lives..."

has something changed?
13301087, yes...
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Dec-07-18 11:03 PM

>
>has something changed?

we are apparently supposed to monitor every single minute of their lives. they can't have moments to themselves. the news scares parents(not unwarranted, but still...). we have to pad the road so when they fall, nobody gets hurt. oh, and we can't allow them to make decisions. we want dependent, entitled kids from rich families where everything is fine and no one ever had a problem.

anything other than that is just weird or poor peoples problems.

</sarcarm>

13300629, fck THAT! They better sequester themselves from the other kids if they
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Dec-06-18 07:08 AM
plan on eating lunch...
I'd be pissed to have my child coming home talking about she eats lunch with Sara, Jane, Jack & Jack's dad every day.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13300631, This is a terrible idea. I did read about parent in school suspension tho
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Dec-06-18 09:06 AM
Instead of suspending kids from school they force the parent to spend the day in school with the kid. Apparently it’s getting better results because out of school suspension wasn’t working and was just a vacation for the kid.

I would be mad as shit at my kid if I had to take off work for that shit. Best believe you would act right after I showed up.
13300645, she sounds like a nightmare
Posted by makaveli, Thu Dec-06-18 10:05 AM
13300680, It’s really fucking up my wife’s life
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Dec-06-18 11:47 AM
She can’t ignore her or shrug it off cause it’s a parent and even the principle knows ole girl is crazy but once she threatened to sue the school... smh.

Worst thing is the kid is adopted and she does some weird step mommying shit that sounds like a script for a bad movie.

13300424, small differences in cultures
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 11:41 AM
Trying to explain to my 50-something white co-worker why I was getting my weave taken out even though to her it still looked very cute. I would never have to explain this to someone black, but the shit had been in for a month plus and it was time. Somebody familiar with 4c hair would have understood intuitively, but she also has three biracial grandkids. Should I have gone into more detail? idk.
13300768, silky straight 2B
Posted by infin8, Thu Dec-06-18 04:39 PM
13300518, I miss looking at my child and NOT thinking about myself
Posted by MEAT, Wed Dec-05-18 02:05 PM
I want to watch and enjoy her
But I watch her try to sleep right now and I think “hurry up homie, dad needs a break”
Those data will come back
But right now we’re in the heart of curious, adventurous, and mobile ... but not at all independent
Ask it’s taxing physically for attentiveness. Like driving through a storm at night.
13300756, Missing home...again...
Posted by tully_blanchard, Thu Dec-06-18 03:51 PM
Seems like it really kicks in when me and Mrs. Blanchard hit a bad spot.

We were riding high for a good lil minute, then reality hit and I'm back sleeping in the guest room.

Sometimes I swear the only reason we're still together is 'cause I think it's too late to get with my "next lifetime"

I'll be back home right before Christmas (going to Panthers v. Falcons) with the kid. This trip could go one of two ways. I purposely didnt let anyone know I was coimng home for Thanksgiving cause I didnt need the distraction.

Now?? Sheeeiiiiiittt....I'm halfway mad I didnt reach out

whatever

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s
13300757, Coming to grips with the fact that I'm not an interesting person
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Dec-06-18 03:56 PM
Only to my wife and kids.
Its totally ok though.
13300758, RE: Coming to grips with the fact that I'm not an interesting person
Posted by BlakStaar, Thu Dec-06-18 04:07 PM
Why do you feel this way? What makes you uninteresting?
13300806, Probably not true, and even if so...
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Dec-06-18 09:48 PM
it sounds like you are interesting to the only people that really matter anyways.