Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNOT FRIDAY POAST XII
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13300014
13300014, NOT FRIDAY POAST XII
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 11:40 AM
13300017, another week another dollar
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-03-18 11:44 AM
i told the boss about the charge. wasnt bad. of course he wanted to know it wont happen again and had some suggestions but no rage. still trying to get the charge reduced but looks like its all good. yayeyaye!

chill weekend, didnt uber. i need to get back on it.

enjoying the switch but starting to get bored with the games.
13300062, that's good.. and what's that 3 weeks now?
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 01:54 PM
>i told the boss about the charge. wasnt bad. of course he
>wanted to know it wont happen again and had some suggestions
>but no rage. still trying to get the charge reduced but looks
>like its all good. yayeyaye!
>
>chill weekend, didnt uber. i need to get back on it.
>
>enjoying the switch but starting to get bored with the games.

glad the work sitch is water under the bridge... what's with the uber you've been taking it easy for a couple weeks now?... used to be so gung-ho.
13300099, yep i think so
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-03-18 03:47 PM
i think overall the return isnt there. big part is being lazy, just not wanting to do it. it started off with wanting to take a friday off, to deciding im only doing saturdays but when saturdays come im like eh lol

i might need to commit to doing it this friday so that i can get back in the swing of things.

oddly enough i have had more money left over these last 2 weeks than usual. i havent missed the extra money it does bring in. i think thats just a coincidence and its just a matter of time before i really miss it.

i was for sure going to uber this saturday. then around 5 pm i remember i need to send a pic of the new registration sticker so i put it on the car and send the picture. come 8pm it was still pending approval so im thinking i guess ill have to wait until next week. not a minute later i get the notification that im good to go. i had already decided i was gonna watch mr robot instead lol

13300104, see my pockets have been so tight I've been thinkin I need that
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 03:54 PM
but it hasn't been green-lit out here yet anyway
13300117, i think im just fooling myself
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-03-18 04:22 PM
no doubt i need the money

finally heard back from the vendor, 25% discount. thats like $800, not bad.
13300131, nice.. glad the vendor pulled through with something too.
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 04:46 PM
like it when folks and businesses see the value of good relationships over the quick buck and accommodate these type of situations... gives one just a little hope that money isn't everything and people still hold it down sometimes.
13300021, MONDAY
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 11:46 AM
ok here goes... another week starting... holy crap it's getting close to the end of the year too eh?

I'm tired today... trying to get myself psyched up to get on and clobber this week...

https://i.gifer.com/7DAy.gif
13300033, chill day so far
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-03-18 12:08 PM
trying to listen through more 2018 albums. im into the second tier. great albums that dont quite make it to the favorite list.
13300037, My office is groundhog day. Accepted. But now my lady's office...
Posted by flipnile, Mon Dec-03-18 12:18 PM
...is getting funny-style. People getting fired/let go for no apparent reason. New hires getting promoted over people with years of seniority over them. Office factions, rumors, whispers, etc. No they are sending around a survey so employees can share how they feel about things "anonymously." Only about 40-50 people in this company tho.

Needless to say, her resume is out and being polished.

From what she's told men, all of the recent problems are self-inflicted because of bad decisions by management.
13300106, hope hers doesn't continue to get worse.
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 03:58 PM
I'm just trying to keep my head down.. but I really need to be more proactive than that.
13300090, I’m so damn overwhelmed...it ain’t even funny.
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Dec-03-18 03:16 PM
lol

really...

damn

I can’t even list all that’s going on. Nothing I can’t handle tho...

/

Conception by Black Thought is such a beautiful song

I made up with a friend
got word that she misses me
so I texted her that I missed her
we hooking up this weekend

I’m still tripping that I’ll be 50 in 4 years.

13300105, and a whole nother year is just about down...
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 03:56 PM
blurry ass speeding time. *sigh*

sounds like things are going well for you.
13300128, I tell you later...
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Dec-03-18 04:37 PM
gotta fly :-)
13300113, #flyageless
Posted by Creole, Mon Dec-03-18 04:12 PM

>I’m still tripping that I’ll be 50 in 4 years.

You're getting better!
13300125, Trinity50
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Dec-03-18 04:33 PM
how that sound?

lol

13300213, WORD!
Posted by Creole, Tue Dec-04-18 10:41 AM
13300031, Like taking a shuttle from the Enterprise to the Borg cube...
Posted by flipnile, Mon Dec-03-18 12:05 PM
...such are workdays.

https://images.realclear.com/244681_5_.jpg
13300038, and/or being farmed in the matrix
Posted by PG, Mon Dec-03-18 12:20 PM
13300235, TUESDAY
Posted by PG, Tue Dec-04-18 11:57 AM
I won't lie I wanted to type SATYRDAY... not because I have a day off, I don't, but because I wish it was SATYRDAY.. c'est la vie... at least we're not on Monday any more... this week will go by before we know it.. this I am fairly confident of.. I have an onsite this afternoon so ducking out in about 3.5 to do all that. what you guys got going on?
13300238, some bs work this morning
Posted by mista k5, Tue Dec-04-18 12:01 PM
pretty much stuff no one else wants to do so why not have me do it. since im not too busy i guess why not.

got that vendor stuff approved and processed so thats out of the way. trying to get some time to listen to music but this work has me in and out of the office.

is this passive aggressive or considerate?

my co-worker has asked to borrow my scissors a few times recently. i went to get some supplies so i figured i would get her some scissors. she seemed happy but she mention that she has been borrowing mine a lot.
13300241, no lie, I thought today was Wednesday...
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Dec-04-18 12:13 PM
see. I’m losing it lol

13300239, Is it possible for folks to drive into work and not wreck?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-04-18 12:04 PM
Every damn day

I got 50K to play with for marketing next year. Have to spend 13K by Dec 31st

and there is no wrong way to spend it because it’s free money from a vendor of ours. Radio? TV? Jordan’s?

13300245, can you pay my rent?
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Dec-04-18 12:20 PM
13300256, Lemme see if I can fudge these numbers.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-04-18 12:50 PM
13300247, 1300 copies of streams of thought vol 2
Posted by mista k5, Tue Dec-04-18 12:22 PM
13300249, lol no doubt.. only one way to go.... heavy okp ads & street team.
Posted by PG, Tue Dec-04-18 12:33 PM
we're ready.... what're we telling folks about/putting out there?
13300420, WEDNESDAY
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 11:36 AM
well dang... it's only 8 hours not counting the commute right? lol... problem is... the commute is my least favorite part.. I'd do half again the time for no commute... broken record ville is what it is.. ok lol... I got the funk blasting in my headphones and I'm going to grind this one out with my head nodding and foot tapping...

speaking of watched I am the Blues last night. I was cheesin like a mofo in my happy place soakin that in.

wonder what this evening has in store for me.

ok go folks what you got goin on?
13300435, not a good start to my day
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 11:51 AM
low tire this morning. im hoping its just been a slow leak that just crossed the warning threshold. stupid me for not checking the readings more often. it is one tire about 5 psi lower than the others. not the one i had issues with before.

i was running late but i figured i should put some air. i have a couple of stations on the way to work but when i drove by the first one someone else was putting air so decided to stop at the next one. when i get there the machine is just a shell, no hose.

so i guess we will see what happens at lunch. might derail my lunch plans. if its about the same i will probably just wait to get out of work.

i bought la noire for the switch last night. im enjoying it but im hoping the short missions are just an introduction and that theres a bit more freedom as you move along. its starting to feel like a game you trade in though.
13300503, RE: not a good start to my day
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 01:28 PM
> machine is just a shell,
>no hose.
>

lmao.. this says it all... it's just going to be like then then eh? lol lousy day....

good luck with your tire holmes hope you don't get stuck.
13300505, i dont understand how those machines are hard to maintain
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 01:37 PM
can never count on it working it seems.

i have a little tire inflator i got with a fix a flat kit, never want to use the goo but the inflator has came in handy. it just takes a while compared to the machines. so if it is completely flat i should be able to put air and get it to the shop after work.

during lunch though? i would need to improvise.

will find out in less than an hour.

day has gone okay since.
13300566, looks like a slow leak
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 03:50 PM
psi was the same, actually a bit higher than the morning. will add air after work and hope for the best.
13300575, that's good
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 04:28 PM
could it be temperature maybe too?.. although you'd expect similar behavior from all your tires.. but did it drop hard recently?
13300576, yeah the mornings have been extra cold this week.
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 04:32 PM
i think we are getting into bigger swings between the low and highs now.

i definitely was thinking it could be the temperature but like you said why is this one tire reading much lower? it doesnt look low so if it wasnt for the tpms i wouldnt even notice it.

i really just have to make a habit to check the tire pressure more often. i only have to press a button a couple of times each time i get in the car.
13300582, lol
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 05:03 PM
nice feature but it's why you notice...if you had to get out and plug the gauge on every time you'd be checking less and not noticing the variations I'm guessing.... not that that's a bad thing.. tire pressure goes a long way on a number of factors.
13300591, i would say you should be checking with a gauge often
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 06:58 PM
cant just rely on the tpms. but uh yeah i dont know if i would ever check until a tire was visibly mad low.

i do check with the gauge when i put air to compare vs the air machine reading and tpms reading. they have been mostly consistent.

bad end to the day. more on that with pending developments tomorrow.
13300592, RE: i would say you should be checking with a gauge often
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 07:04 PM

>bad end to the day. more on that with pending developments
>tomorrow.

crap buddy... will stay tuned. c u tomorrow.
13300450, some days I hate being a parent...
Posted by Trinity444, Wed Dec-05-18 12:02 PM
This morning I had a tough conversation with my son.
He tends to panic when things don’t go his way
(part my fault for spoiling him and some of his daddy’s genes)
but, I had to remind his ass, he doesn’t come from quitters...

I hate when I have to give it to him...

#momlife

other than that...
where Kilo at?

13300500, I used to feel I did a better job of it.. #dadlife
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 01:21 PM
whether I did or not who knows...
....the older I get tho the more I realize the obliviousness of the present
Know what I mean? always less experienced in the present than the future and that always seems to come to something eventually... not regrets per-say but definitely something.

and yeah good question.... where is Kilo?
13300506, hmmm, not even in OKS?
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 01:38 PM
>and yeah good question.... where is Kilo?
13300512, prolly on vacation somewhere
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 01:54 PM
>>and yeah good question.... where is Kilo?
>
13300520, probably has a holiday until the first week of february
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 02:07 PM
i hope all is well
13300530, prolly took an extra four weeks off cause of George H's death
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 02:25 PM
13300544, lol.. naw he got banned from the library when they found..
Posted by PG, Wed Dec-05-18 03:06 PM
where he'd been sleeping in a fort made of cardboard boxes (which he stole from his last gig obviously).

13300565, lol
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 03:48 PM
13300509, stopped at the atm this morning
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 01:51 PM
Somebody had a left a receipt where they took out $5 and had $7 left in their account. I fucking died laughing, cause boy o boy do I know that fucking struggle. If I wasn't so lazy I would upload the picture.
13300510, i thought the least you could take out is 20?
Posted by makaveli, Wed Dec-05-18 01:53 PM
funny how the funnest part of your life is when you have no money.
13300514, when you're broke you gotta laugh to keep from crying
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 01:59 PM
Not going lie, lately I been feeling like I'm one wrong step away from that kinda life, past six months have been rough.

(As a note, going to Europe to see Beyonce is a *very* fiscally irresponsible move)

| Ask me how I know :-( |
13300550, damn. all this time I thought you live out the country
Posted by Trinity444, Wed Dec-05-18 03:18 PM
I remember when you posted about going.
but, yo ass flew there
so sassy :-)

did you check out the South Africa show?

13300564, naw right here in the good ole usa lol
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 03:40 PM
I haven't checked it out, was it a good show? (I mean of course it was good, but was it different from her OTR II shows?)
13300569, It was the same performance...
Posted by Trinity444, Wed Dec-05-18 03:53 PM
It aired only 25 minutes
the people had me tho
I’ve never seen them in that light
I wanna go there now...

13300601, yeah the crowd in amsterdamn was very open with the love
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 08:53 PM
I meet people from like three other countries and I *never* interact with people who I don't know like that.
13300551, I can take 1s out via my bank's ATM
Posted by flipnile, Wed Dec-05-18 03:18 PM
Change from only 20s and maybe 10s was 5 years ago or so.
13300511, can you do that??
Posted by mista k5, Wed Dec-05-18 01:53 PM
i thought ATMs only gave out 20s

ive definitely put in $15 bucks in to avoid an over draft fee. even took in a bag of change into the coin star to have cash to deposit.

13300513, at certain Chase branches you can get $5 denominations
Posted by shygurl, Wed Dec-05-18 01:55 PM
It's a nice feature.
13300559, RE: at certain Chase branches you can get $5 denominations
Posted by BlakStaar, Wed Dec-05-18 03:37 PM
Yep. You can get singles, too. I believe these special ATMs are only INSIDE the branch location, never at the drive-thrus.
13300556, This may sound bad but...
Posted by Trinity444, Wed Dec-05-18 03:33 PM
while watching Georgie boy’s funeral
seeing all the old folks
I couldn’t help thinking...if they’re thinking about being next

I miss having elders around that I could talk about stuff with
what it’s like to get old...

13300672, THURSDAY
Posted by PG, Thu Dec-06-18 11:36 AM
One meeting/task to get through at 10 (1.5hrs from now) and I can go home and finish the day working from there... darn good day for it too.. have a concert to go to tonight so the time at the homebase will help me stay motivated to go out later.

hows your day looking so far
13300714, *sucks teeth*
Posted by mista k5, Thu Dec-06-18 01:00 PM
as i mentioned, had a bad ending to the day.

more problems with the vendor on a new job. i do share blame on the problems but we also chose this vendor as they are supposed to be looking out for potential problem areas and either making adjustments or recommending adjustments.

they shipped this job late and not prepped as required and agreed to which caused additional delays. now are backs are against the wall with our customer. we already had to cancel their requested ship date.

now its looking like we will need to delay at least another day.

to add to this the vendors is giving us no discount on the items that need to be reworked (i do share blame on those). considering the delays caused by the shipment and the items not being prepped i am expecting them to eat some of this cost if not all of it.

the good thing is that the boss is being cool with me and was even giving me points to push back on the vendor with. i am a bit skeptical about his good nature on this lol i think he might be sincere though.

13300747, some of this is prolly par for the course
Posted by PG, Thu Dec-06-18 02:38 PM
and your manager knows it... just keep working it and trying to avoid issues on the aspects within your control. too bad the timing is tight on the heels of your last vendor issue and negotiation but you are probably already putting the lessons learned from that experience to work on this one... he might be seeing that too... stay focused fam.
13300760, yeah
Posted by mista k5, Thu Dec-06-18 04:19 PM
i sent my boss an email yesterday owning up to it with some action items to prevent it going forward. im guessing that affected his response.

i just got off the phone with the vendor and hes like nope, not helping you out again. completely on the defensive. theyre really not a bad vendor but we will need to reevaluate how we move forward.

we're in a situation where it became unclear who owns which part of the process.

going to have to clear that up but we will probably look into alternatives as well.

my position is one that is supposed to fix and catch all problems plus anticipate any that could come up. i obviously wont be 100% but always aim for it. honestly these errors are ones that could had and should had been caught by me. thats what bugs me but those are the breaks.

definitely ready for friday evening now lol
13300720, shifting through emails...
Posted by Trinity444, Thu Dec-06-18 01:07 PM
I can’t believe people pay folks to walk their dogs. Like. There’s a market for that...

I reported my son to my mother...he’s about to get it now. lol.
13300745, lol way to kick it up the chain
Posted by PG, Thu Dec-06-18 02:35 PM
I like dogs... I should do that ish.

my own job is freaking burying the needle on the frustration meter right now.... got a punk blowing off critical ish for the second time and managers being way too pragmatic/slow to react.. I am seriously at my wits end with this situation right now.
13300751, Been ridiing the train in instead of my motorcycle
Posted by flipnile, Thu Dec-06-18 03:06 PM
Not gonna front, it's a lot more peaceful. I get to work AMPED UP! when I hop off the motorcycle, but on the train I'm dozing off and daydreaming. Makes work *a bit* less stressful. Also, it's cold out.

As soon as I get this electrical short/blowing fuse resolved I'm back on two wheel tho. Copped a heated jacket a few months back that I haven't had a chance to try out yet.
13300763, it would be nice to have decent public transportation here
Posted by mista k5, Thu Dec-06-18 04:22 PM
when ive gone to london and brussels i could see folks using it as their main transportation method.

we only have buses in my city.

it would be nice to not have to deal with the stress of driving before work.