Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore updates (venting)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13298692&mesg_id=13313168
13313168, More updates (venting)
Posted by handle, Tue Feb-12-19 12:54 PM
Friend #1 with overdraft fees is doing okay as far as I know. He got a roommate, and he's in a manic phases where I think I may just cut off contact with him - because it makes him be in denial.

Friend #2 who I was letting stays with me and I gave him $1200 to go elsewhere is a problem.

He texted me the other day and asked if I had a hoodie he could use - I texted back and was like "maybe, I only got 2 hoodies one for exercise that stinks and one for me."

Well after a few more texts I'm getting a feeling and I ask "Are you on the streets?"

He replied "Some nights."

So long story short - he went to stay with another friend who is married but who has like a 4 bedroom house with only 2 people in it. That fell through for some reason - probably the wife didn't appreciate him there all day.

I asked "How much money do you have left" which he would not tell me a number - so I expect is nearly 0.

Also he said "Homeless people are fucking assholes" AND I haven't seen his laptop since I let him back in the house - so I think he may have gotten robbed.

I'm letting him stay until Feb 24th - maybe this time he'll get in a "I'm fucking fucked" mode and figure some shit out - otherwise he's on the streets again.

Letting him stay on my couch cost me no money - but I don't like it. My place is under 1000 sq/ft and the way its set up he's in the front room. He's not making messes or fucking things up - but I'd rather have my place be mine.

And I'm MAD that I couldn't get Friend 2 to move in with Friend 1 - people stay in denial even when they have jack shit. If they'd have followed my plan they both have houses and be stable at least until April 1st.