Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think at this stage holding her position is more important than passing laws
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13297461&mesg_id=13306412
13306412, I think at this stage holding her position is more important than passing laws
Posted by imcvspl, Sat Jan-12-19 05:57 PM
From what I've read here the critique seems to be if she wants to affect policy she needs to move in the way that the party is moving. It's interesting at this particular moment because the party has some momentum. Yes there are a bunch of experienced politicians doing the work to shift the tide. And as that happens credit due. But to some those moves are mere corrections and not direction. Make no mistake we need the corrections but we also need new directions.

The importance of AOC is that is what she keeps bringing to light. The new directions a significant of the base would like. They may not have the numbers now, but that does not mean they should be disregarded. For AOC to fall in line would mean that the establishment is the direction. By her continuing to push my hope is that she is inspiring voters and potential candidates that believe in those new directions to keep fighting for them. Without that we'll just continue to get rinse and repeat political cycles.

So yeah Medicare for all may not stand a chance in hell, but if you believe in it that's no reason to shut up and follow the crowd. Keep speaking up and it will force some to show their true colors and maybe their seat will be the next to flip, until the momentum is in the more progressive favor.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."