Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou are a roller coaster, brother..do you just not like her?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13297461&mesg_id=13297595
13297595, You are a roller coaster, brother..do you just not like her?
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Nov-14-18 03:54 PM
One day you are "Dems need moderates"

Another day you are "Its fuck they feelings"

On day its "things aren't normal, the other side might not even give up congress"

Another say its "the Supreme Court will rule in our favor" and "new progressive dems need to ..." basically shut up.

etc etc.

If it really is "fuck they feelings" then it HAS TO BE LOUD man.

That's the point. And based on who she beat in the primary, it seems her district wants exactly this. I think if she changed, her voters would feel cheated.

>but not having the legal/institutional knowledge/experience
>to back it up yet.
>
>she already has a track record of getting tripped up on policy
>in interviews (palestine/israel, govt spending, etc).

She's what, 27? Was a long shot to win? We can't be patient with a progressive Dem as she gets more comfortable giving interviews, etc?

I mean, Fuck, Biden (who you want to run for PRESIDENT) often stumbles on his words.

Cmon Reeq.

thats
>because she spiked the ball and ran to the cameras before even
>learning the playbook (and the media loved her for it).

Honestly? You're being a hypocrite here, Reeq. Literally every politician runs to the cameras. From AOC to Pelosi to Beto to Bernie to Hil to the other side.

How are you mad at a politician, of all people, for running to the camera?

And how are you mad that a YOUNG, MINORITY, FEMALE progressive is getting attention and bringing awareness to issues that are important to other people who look just like her.

That should be embraced on principle AND strategy.

DEMOCRATS NEED YOUNG PEOPLE TO VOTE

Telling one of their young stars to quiet down, hide from the cameras, play in the background, etc would not only be hypocritical, but fucking stupid.

She shouldn't change too much. If she does, how is she different than the previous guy? Why did Dems in her district want a change?

Also, would you rather the media interview fucking Ted Cruz? You think Trump and the GOP should get MORE media attention?

>
>wait until she has to start explaining her votes. and why she
>put her name behind some non-progressive legislation instead
>of causing a shutdown and jeopardizing re-election for her
>entire caucus.

Can one person cause a shutdown? I don't think so. Barbara Lee is still in congress. In fact, a lot of people want her to be speaker...

So this idea that AOC is going to have to cave on her principles and shit is not true. Its also...weird that you said it.

It also sounds like you are rubbing your hands together waiting for her to trip up.

or wait until she spends her political capital
>on some progressive passion project that is bypassed by the
>majority-moderate dem coalition in congress that is actually
>responsible for flipping red seats to blue and giving dems
>control of the chamber (0 'justice democrats'/'our
>revolution'-backed candidates flipped house seats in the
>midterms).

**blinks**

So are you saying we don't want progressive passion projects? Are you saying people who we send to congress shouldn't be passionate and/or willing to spend their capital?

Are you saying every progressive Dem in congress should just give up because some moderates won in other districts?

When she comes up, you sound salty as hell. Do you just not like her? If so, how is she different than any other politician who had an audience?

No one is saying she doesn't need to learn, or that she isn't about to face some very tough decisions.

But you honestly sound like you are rooting for her (a progressive Democrat, no less) to fail.

>
>or wait until she becomes more known for firing on democrats
>than she is for firing on republicans. and even her
>democratic supporters grow tired of her.

This is 100% projection on your part. There is no way to say she will do this.

BUT

She is in a safe blue seat, and beat a popular Dem incumbent. Maybe firing on the Dem establishment is what her voters want?

AND maybe its what Dems need to hear. Look to the Amazon deal. What kind of hypocrite/Repub in Dems clothing is DeBlasio?? I knew the governor was like that, but I honestly didn't know Bill was.

He (and others like him) need to be checked. That's the idea.

>
>theres a big difference between being an activist and a
>legislator.

Reeq, you are coming across as "sit down young lady"

That ain't the jam in general, especially in this context.

She attended a protest to "show Nancy that we have her back when she attacks climate change"...

I mean, cmon. You don't want active reps? Okay, maybe thats not the precedent.

You and I say all the time, things aren't normal. So the GOP doesn't have to play by the rules, are you saying progressives do?

Don't we want fight, action, poc, and youth?

How are you mad at this young woman? It literally makes no sense.

>
>just look at ayanna pressley and ilhan omar. 2 freshmen
>reps...just as progressive and committed...but with actual
>city/state legislative experience...and not as craving for the
>limelight. aoc would be best served long term to follow their
>approach.

K. Have they reached out to mentor?

** Oh, and is the media trying to talk to them and they are hiding behind their desks? lol cmon man

It sounds like you just don't like her and you don't really have a good reason, because you don't have a ton of substance- which is really, really odd for you.

Are you mad she won the primary?

Do you not like progressives in general?

I mean, yes OAC needs to learn and grow into her role. But we should all be VERY HAPPY she is there for many reasons.