Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectKept it to myself, but I was thinking about cussing people out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13292188&mesg_id=13292245
13292245, Kept it to myself, but I was thinking about cussing people out
Posted by flipnile, Tue Oct-16-18 12:44 PM
Too seriously. My body was telling me "fuck this shit" so my brain pressed the escape button and I went outside for a long walk, then went home. Today, I hot-desked so I don't have to be near the clowns in my office. Their work habits are objectively shitty, but since they do design they can get away will bullshitting around 7 of the 8 work hours in the day. I can't, I'm a programmer.

At the least, they just don't give a fuck (for example: mofos stand and have loud conversations 5ft behind me, literally). At the most, they do it intentionally. Either way, I'm a 40yo man with a pretty strong tech skill set. None of the higher ups can help me, either (desk space is tight, apparently). If they were having heated discussions about color theory, the golden ratio, etc. I'd understand but it's always a loud conversation about donuts, taco tuesdays or some other bullshit.

Anyway, I know better than to show any negative emotions in the office. I take a lot of walks to blow off steam.

I'm 100% actively working on replacing my job with working for myself.