Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the border
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13291521&mesg_id=13301092
13301092, I posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the border
Posted by MEAT, Sat Dec-08-18 06:38 AM
Or maybe when he was attacking grieving widows, or being found to be the fucking architect of some other racist shit. Dude is levels worse than Stephen Miller and gets a drop of the shit for it.

That dude could be a virulent racist seemed to be out of bounds at the time
But when you break people down to some core elements it helps see past all the glitz and shit
It’s not ok to stereotype people overall
I chose to do it, even knowing and feeling that it’s not ok, as a means to break up the bullshit

Because black and brown people get stereotyped all the time by these same people
Barack Obama can’t just be a black man from Chicago, he HAS to be described by his credentials for a large part of society fo even quasi recognize his humanity
Too often for us we need that. When a guy gets shot, it’s church singer or military man, father of x ... can’t just label them a black person from x because that’s enough to look past
And knowing that’s OUR narrative for MY folks, I choose to weaponize it in the reverse
I make a choice at times to strip that decorated defense of white people when they’re being inhumane, and get to hide behind the one thing that gives my folks humanity in their eyes. So when I do use these words, I use them consciously for that very intent.
And I understand that utilizing those words against a specific person unfortunately also impugns all people with those traits, I simply choose not play the game of being better than that, when my folks implicitly aren’t afforded the converse

This is my reasoning,