Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRanDumb Thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13291077
13291077, RanDumb Thoughts
Posted by mista k5, Wed Oct-10-18 04:43 PM
1) Why did i just realize randumb was combining random and dumb?? i always just saw it as a funny pronunciation.

2) When you dry your hands in a public restroom and you go for paper towels (because youre not using that hot air germ speader) do you take one towel at a time and dry, then grab another towel until its dry or do you take several towels at once?

3) You ever have a small problem that you keep dealing with day to day but never fix it, then bam! you think of a simple solution? My badge for work kept facing backwards, i would constantly flip it so it would be facing out. today i was finally like what if i actually flip the cards in the holder instead of turning them. seems to be working wonderfully, guess i had it backwards for this past year.

4)

i know i had a fourth thought and now its gone.
13291078, lol you're on fire.
Posted by PG, Wed Oct-10-18 04:48 PM
.. I take one towel dry and then take another as needed... seems it always takes two.

I like it when an acronym finally clicks and all of a sudden I understand years of poasts and replies that had eluded me... like tldr... longest time it never clicked and then one day "total loss don't read/too long don't read" just came to me and "all of a sudden I found myself in love with the world so there was only one thing I could do...."

https://youtu.be/0aYKVB9Q230

13291079, acronyms and slang are tricky
Posted by mista k5, Wed Oct-10-18 04:56 PM
at work i take three towels (sometimes it doesnt cut on the third so i end up withe more) because i know thats what it takes to get them dry. public restrooms have the automated dispensers so im forced to do one by one on those.

this 4th thought is killing me.
13291082, yo I didn't even notice the placeholder
Posted by PG, Wed Oct-10-18 05:26 PM
you sure there was a 4th thought? i don't remember there being a 4th thought before now.
13291083, but there had to be a 4th thought
Posted by mista k5, Wed Oct-10-18 05:32 PM
its just proper posting etiquette

i think the 4th thought was the one that made me decide to make the post, 2 and 3 were thoughts i had through out the day but thought they didnt warrant a post. i was like ah i should post that, then i figured it could be a random post, or randumb.....whoa does that mean random and dumb??? then i figured i would throw 2 and 3 in there. when i started typing one is when i forgot the 4th one

doesnt matter now, its gone and wont live up to any hype
13291084, hope it wasn't a solution of some sort
Posted by PG, Wed Oct-10-18 05:36 PM
we need some of those... won't do to be coming up with them and forgetting what they were before we can share.
13291085, something about perpetual energy or something
Posted by mista k5, Wed Oct-10-18 05:40 PM
i did just see a wrapper for a tampon in the rubbish bin at the gents room

1) it is a single person use room and i guess ladies use it when theirs is occupied ( i think technically only specific people are supposed to use it but the main room was being cleaned)
2) why arent wrappers for tampons flushable?? are some of them? should they be? i would think so, i know most guys stalls dont have trash cans, i would think the ladies rooms stalls dont either. tampax, gimme my royalties!
13291086, we came home the other night from Thanksgiving dinner
Posted by PG, Wed Oct-10-18 05:46 PM
one of our dogs had ripped open a bag of garbage and literally strewn it all over the floor.. it was wall to wall carpeting in maxi pad wrappers and chewed tissues... freaking rude... our fault for not taking the garbage out before we left but dam man lmao it was something else smdh.. I was PO'd and the dog split took off for about 5 minutes before coming back from accross the complex after I went out looking for it. seriously thought she had run away for a minute... I forget that she's a rescue and has the PTSD so when I loos my cool she thinks she's about to get whooped or something... because of this she gets away with bloody murder compared to our other guy.
13291087, Air dryers spread germs?
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Oct-10-18 06:15 PM
I don't like em because they don't really dry your hands unless you stand there forever, but I didn't know they spread germs.

I usually start with two paper towels unless the auto jawns spit out a long one.

And you must be high. Not judging whatsoever, I'm usually in some state of highness at any given time of the day, especially evening.
13291089, 'chu smokin' on? LOL
Posted by infin8, Wed Oct-10-18 06:29 PM
you got some FIRE
13291168, never been
Posted by mista k5, Thu Oct-11-18 09:45 AM
mostly bored with spurts of energy and solo in an office lol
13291212, I intentionally wear my badge backwards
Posted by flipnile, Thu Oct-11-18 10:50 AM
Folks only see a white rectangle. Want to know about me they gotta ask. This is more for outside (downtown Philly) than inside my building.

Crazy how many people I pass and I see their eyes go right to my work badge. It's something I don't do, so it took me a while to notice it.
13291218, its mostly in meetings that it bothers me
Posted by mista k5, Thu Oct-11-18 10:53 AM
or if i run into a higher up, i feel like it should be facing them. most of the time i dont notice its backwards until after the interaction.

before i made the fix i didnt have control of it, looks like now i can choose to have it face outward or not

at my last job i wouldnt wear it at all lol i didnt really need it for anything. this job needs it to enter into many doors, not just the front door. so i have to have it on me.
13291227, lives in my pocket.. comes out to open doors.
Posted by PG, Thu Oct-11-18 11:07 AM
yeah "supposed to be visible at all times" but yeah... no... end of story.
13291232, at the old job it would stay in my phone case or wallet
Posted by mista k5, Thu Oct-11-18 11:12 AM
thats the proximity card to open doors. the badge stayed on my desk lol

when i was hourly it was so easy to forget it in the car or home. i always have my phone and wallet on me so that was a sure way to never forget it. an employee of mine would constantly forget his.

culture is so important too. if the company didnt have it before and they now start getting people to wear them then theres always push back. at this job everyone is wearing it so i might as well fit in. i dont need to wear a uniform and they are mostly relaxed about things so ill take it.