Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBabysitting while black
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13290774
13290774, Babysitting while black
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Oct-09-18 02:27 PM

White woman calls police on black man babysitting children

https://www.cbs46.com/news/white-woman-calls-police-on-black-man-babysitting-children/article_0b02ccda-cba4-11e8-89db-ff7b3202479e.html

https://www.cbs46.com/babysitting-while-black/video_aee4815c-b003-5f0f-892d-5e146f8ece29.html

It’s a case of babysitting while black.

A white woman called the police on a black man as he babysat two white children.

Corey Lewis documented the entire ordeal on Facebook Live.

In an exclusive interview, he told CBS46 that the woman first stopped him in the parking lot of a Cobb county Walmart and asked him if the children were okay.

He said she then came back and asked if she could speak with them.

Lewis said no and that’s when the police were called.

He said the woman continued to follow him.

“We then left to go get gas, she moved closer and waited there,” said Lewis.

Lewis said the woman followed him all the way home. Then a Cobb County police officer showed up.

The officer questioned the 10-year-old and the 6-year-old before calling their parents.

David Parker and Dana Mango were in disbelief.

“I said are you saying that because there’s an African American male driving my two white kids, that he was stopped and pulled over and questioned and he said I’m sorry ma’am that’s exactly what I’m saying,” Mango told CBS46.

The East Cobb couple arranged for Lewis to babysit their children weeks ago.

Their son attends his youth mentor program called ‘Inspired by Lewis’.

The parents believe Lewis was stalked, harassed and questioned by police.

“B-W-B which I guess is the new thing, babysitting while black,” said Parker.

Parker and Mango said they don’t believe that the woman was trying to protect their children because they never showed any signs of being in danger.

CBS46 is investigating to find out who this woman is.

Copyright 2018 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved
13290783, my brother in law used to get stares when taking my son out all the time
Posted by RobOne4, Tue Oct-09-18 02:44 PM
brother in law is black obviously. When my son was younger he used to take him out all the time. HE said every time he would get looks. Take him to the park and people would stare until they heard my son yelling Uncle Mike. He took him to an outdoor mall and they had a big playground in the middle of it. Mall security questioned him once because people called mall security on him. He pretty much stopped taking him out alone because of all the bullshit.
13290795, Damn that's crazy
Posted by Lurkmode, Tue Oct-09-18 03:03 PM
He pretty much stopped taking him out
>alone because of all the bullshit.

I can't blame him, who wants to go through all that over and over.
13290833, Years ago, I used to watch this all-white baby...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Oct-09-18 04:27 PM
Baby was blonde, and she had light eyes as well. My girlfriend at the time was white/black biracial, and I'm a fairly dark black guy. No way my girlfriend and I could have pulled off a baby looking like that. We'd go to Walmart, and the only comments we'd ever get were "you guys have such a cute baby!"

Always wondered if that was some *really* clever trolling.
13291091, that was a sub definitely
Posted by infin8, Wed Oct-10-18 06:33 PM
>Baby was blonde, and she had light eyes as well. My
>girlfriend at the time was white/black biracial, and I'm a
>fairly dark black guy. No way my girlfriend and I could have
>pulled off a baby looking like that. We'd go to Walmart, and
>the only comments we'd ever get were "you guys have such a
>cute baby!"
>
>Always wondered if that was some *really* clever trolling.
13291100, Or they might have thought it was her baby and you were
Posted by Teknontheou, Wed Oct-10-18 07:19 PM
just the man on the scene in her life now.

I think that's sort of like Amber Mark's story. Her older brother is all white. I imagine when her parents were together, they'd assume the older brother was just the mother's kid, and not his.
13290871, Sharon Reed tho
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Tue Oct-09-18 10:09 PM
13291169, aaaaaaye!!
Posted by infin8, Thu Oct-11-18 09:46 AM
13291104, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJZU5plRhs
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Wed Oct-10-18 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJZU5plRhs
13291453, lol
Posted by Lurkmode, Thu Oct-11-18 06:47 PM

Pops got off the elevator and it was his job.
13291105, "asked is she could speak with them"....
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Oct-10-18 07:59 PM
people are fucking amazing, man. Then to get in her car and follow him home. She could have followed him right to an ass-whoopin. So consumed with racist hate, she didn't even consider her own personal safety.
13291108, At my alma mater *eyeroll emojis*
Posted by Brew, Wed Oct-10-18 08:30 PM
https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/race-and-criminal-justice/i-was-reported-police-agitated-black-male-simply
13291441, I just agreed to watch my friends kids (white) and was worried about this myself
Posted by SuiteLady, Thu Oct-11-18 06:11 PM
... I am female, but still. I am scared her neighbors might call the police on me as we come and go from the house (kids have scout stuff to do that day).

It does make me nervous and that is sad.
13291543, They'll just think you're the African/Caribbean nanny
Posted by flipnile, Fri Oct-12-18 10:01 AM
At least around here. I see plenty of white babies being pushed around in strollers by black women downtown.
13291558, Yeah, that's a regular thing to see.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Oct-12-18 10:47 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13291590, You could nurse a white kid in the mall and no one would blink
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Oct-12-18 11:52 AM
13291591, I was at the playground with my daughter and a white toddler was lost
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Oct-12-18 11:55 AM
screaming for her pop pop

I was about to help her, even stayed for a few seconds before I realized how that shit looked. A Black woman prolly saw the terror on my face and came over and rescued me.

Ain’t no reason for a Black man to babysit an all white baby in 2018. That’s a set up. We staying inside with the curtains closed. Which still looks shady.

13291602, I've not picked up a fallen white child for the same reason.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Oct-12-18 01:14 PM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13291611, Bruh, I took a step with her and then my Blackness kicked in
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Oct-12-18 02:07 PM
It was like I left my body and saw myself walking away from a playground with a crying white kid... looking like a kidnapper.
13291621, This was a situation explored on Blackish
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Oct-12-18 02:50 PM
Done in funny fashion if memory serves me right.
13291809, first thing I thought of, one of the funniest scenes in Blackish
Posted by Ray_Snill, Mon Oct-15-18 05:28 AM
especially when Charlie said "they setting traps" and the other dude was like "I saw my freedom flash before my face"

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13291908, Bruh. When people say they don’t watch this show
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Oct-15-18 11:30 AM
I be judging them...

The board room meetings alone have me rolling.
13292015, The absolute best part of that premise
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Oct-15-18 02:25 PM
was when they showed Lawrence Fishburne's character in a flashback working as an elevator operator walking out of the elevator when the girl walked in with him. I laughed so hard and loud I had to get up out my chair.
13292115, I laughed at that too
Posted by Ray_Snill, Mon Oct-15-18 10:54 PM
>was when they showed Lawrence Fishburne's character in a
>flashback working as an elevator operator walking out of the
>elevator when the girl walked in with him. I laughed so hard
>and loud I had to get up out my chair.

then when the boss was replaying the video footage of Dre running tawnbout "faith in humanity, no faith in humanity"

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
13291610, what is the determining factor of "danger"?
Posted by hardware, Fri Oct-12-18 01:58 PM
like, if the kids weren't screaming or looking distressed

its fascinating how racism just overrides common sense.
13291615, Yea this is similar to an argument I had the other day about this.
Posted by Brew, Fri Oct-12-18 02:34 PM
>RE: what is the determining factor of "danger"?
>like, if the kids weren't screaming or looking distressed
>
>its fascinating how racism just overrides common sense.

My friend's girlfriend happened to be near me while I was watching these videos of the babysitter being stalked on my phone. And she was like "well this I can kind of understand .." I gave her the screwface immediately. She was like "no but I mean - you're looking out for the welfare of the kids, they didn't look like the guy." ... more screwface.

Then she went into some bogus ass story about some episode of one of those true crime shows she saw, where some woman had a "hunch" at a grocery store that something was up with these kids because they didn't look like the adult they were with ... so she called the cops, and it ended up that they had been kidnapped by the adult they were with and had been missing for 10 years.

I was like "... so you're saying you can 'understand' why a white woman would stalk a black man and call the cops on him, despite the fact that the kids confirmed his status as their babysitter, and were not acting distressed at all ... based solely on some one in a trillion 'hunch' you saw on a true crime TV show ?!" she reluctantly nodded. "OK - so the next time we happen to be in public together, I expect that you'll be calling the cops on every child that is with an adult they don't look like ... right ? White/black, big nose/small nose, blonde hair/brunette ?"

Finally she picked up on how backwards her thinking was. Think I'ma tell my friend to lose this one. Haha.
13292012, I mean, I seen this creepy 50 year old white guy...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Oct-15-18 02:19 PM
walking and scolding this 12-year-old Asian girl in the park. Didn't hear much of the convo but I thought I overheard him criticize how she was dressed.

It was a strange sight and I was wondering why the two would be together. Dude didn't look like the dad or stepdad type. I watched for a while and I didn't say anything.

If an adult or a cop walked over and just inquired if everything was okay, it wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world.

13291617, bro, that last line could be a fucking t-shirt
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Oct-12-18 02:40 PM
13291687, Audio of the 911 call placed by a woman suspicious of a black man baby-sitting two white children
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Oct-12-18 09:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyATgNSAkj8