Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I buy CD's/Blu Ray's for burning and OWNERSHIP.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13290045&mesg_id=13290164
13290164, RE: I buy CD's/Blu Ray's for burning and OWNERSHIP.
Posted by BlakStaar, Fri Oct-05-18 09:54 AM
>I dunno why you care what people think you are doing with
>your cd's but to each his own.
>

I don't care what people think I'm doing with my CDs; I'm annoyed that people don't understand the various reasons why someone would buy and collect CDs in the year of our Lawd 2018.

I was at an estate sale and this older Black lady was talking about Spotify like the service has every single song and album ever recorded and released available for streaming. I was there looking for out-of-print CDs and hard-to-find vinyl. She's prattling on because she said she didn't understand why people were still buying physical copies of music when Spotify existed. She was characterizing these people like they were stupid. SMH.

I wanted to set her straight and show her all the music on my iPhone that ain't even on Spotify, e.g. The Gyrlz's "Love Me or Leave Me," The Good Girls, Body (MCA-signed trio from Detroit that Onra sampled a few years ago. Yes, I'm going through late 1980s obscure R&B/Soul phase], early De La Soul releases, etc.

Now, keep in mind "dealers" come to estate sales to find shit to resell. She was so clueless why folks were in there going crazy.