Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAmazon is in business to make money... Never forget
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13289707&mesg_id=13290855
13290855, Amazon is in business to make money... Never forget
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Oct-09-18 05:58 PM
That said a lot of the claims of employees who lose in this situation are shortsighted in terms of company policy.

This affected most of their hires, but was targeted around attracting employees most immediately for seasonal needs. Aka new hires. Before all of the side benefits were attractive for sticking around. This however gets them the temp help they need most immediately. But they can't just roll it out for them and with the political pressure company wide policy is a PR homerun.

Now truth be told the seasonal is a path toward longer term but if they gotta factor in all those extra benefits it would be a loss so new policy has no guarantee on those benefits. For people that had em before it sucks but what's the real margin on that versus the new employee pipeline.

Also make no mistake while the old rewards are gone there will be future incentives for those who stick around. They do not want a high turnover rate and will continue to compete to keep people on. Terms may not seem as good as the old policy, but if you just coming in at 15 they'll find a way to keep you around. Again it sucks for current employees I the short term but...

But here's the biggest thing. By being first they force competitors to step up, except competitors ain't got the deep pockets to support that. It drains their operating budgets while it's nothing for Amazon.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."