Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhen young white people are randomly killed in DC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13287752
13287752, When young white people are randomly killed in DC
Posted by Mori, Sun Sep-23-18 06:45 AM
A horrible story about a female jogger randomly killed by a random looking man.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/us/washington-dc-jogger-stabbed/index.html

Strange story about a yoga teacher just disappearing and found in the man's trunk
https://wjla.com/news/local/man-sentenced-for-murder-of-dc-yoga-teacher-on-christmas-day

A bizarre murder of a DNC staffer the year of the election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich

Why can't I accept that these things can randomly happen to regular, middle class educated white people minding their own business. Why does it always seem like there is something else we don't know? Is this my racial programming that says white people are not typically victims of murder in a big city?

Or maybe just too much Law & Order?

Btw, rip to all the victims and this is not a post making light of their lives.
13287759, people get murked everyday. life is random circumstance.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Sep-23-18 09:56 AM
13287860, When people without street smarts collide wuth urban crazies...
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-24-18 09:53 AM
...with mental issues.

It's not all good out here in these streets. There is no magic force protecting us from harm. Nor are the police. Gotta watch your back and be able to read people. We know this, tho.
13287862, law and order has disabused me of the belief that white people are killed
Posted by naame, Mon Sep-24-18 10:05 AM
randomly. a constant barrage of late night police procedurals has led me to believe that white people only die from old age, heroin overdoses, and disgruntled spouses seeking to collect on insurance claims
13287865, Don't forget drunk driving / highway accidents
Posted by flipnile, Mon Sep-24-18 10:08 AM
>a constant barrage of late night police
>procedurals has led me to believe that white people only die
>from old age, heroin overdoses, and disgruntled spouses
>seeking to collect on insurance claims
13288021, I feel so bad for that young womans family
Posted by MME, Mon Sep-24-18 06:11 PM
But IDGAF how safe you think your neighborhood is, you should not jog at night. And if you INSIST on jogging at night, do NOT RUN ALONE. That woman died over some foolishness
13288078, Once met a white woman who said, "I deserve to
Posted by Mori, Tue Sep-25-18 10:07 AM
walk alone at night. There is no reason why I should not be able to walk anytime of the night."

I was stunned. I agreed with her. But I had never thought that I deserved to be safe in a big city late at night. If anything, I think this the hour of the vampires. My ass is taking a risk doing anything after dark, alone and a woman.

Sort of like the jungle, you don't go hang with the hyenas if you should be chilling by the watering hole. Know your role on the human food chain.

But yes, this is sad.
13288081, I run at night in the winter.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-25-18 10:11 AM
but I'm a big ass black man. although, living in a middle class area with crime around any corner is still something I have to consider.
13288085, she right but she wrong.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Sep-25-18 10:16 AM
13288039, I think crime procedurals and documentaries and podcasts
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Sep-25-18 12:17 AM
really do fuck with people.

everyone thinks they're a seasoned investigator at some level inside and they're just...not

and it makes you hear hooves and think unicorns instead of horses.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13288090, There are a lot more of them than us...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-25-18 10:33 AM
We shouldn’t be surprised they are murdered randomly... it’s America.

One thing that shocked me was the time I attended a townhall meeting in Rural Kentucky and the governor said “we got on welfare and we never got off” and the whole room agreed. Wife and I were told it was supposed to be a townhall between the university and the town. It was a bitch fest.