Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAlthough many of us were either too young or not yet of voting age
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13283755&mesg_id=13288914
13288914, Although many of us were either too young or not yet of voting age
Posted by Beamer6178, Fri Sep-28-18 12:04 PM
We shouldn't forget that Clinton's sexual misdeeds went essentially unchecked, save for an impeachment hearing that ended ultimately in a decision to not remove. The problem is he should have never even been ELECTED.

So while it is a tired deflection, "what about Clinton?" is pretty fucking strong.

For Hillary to be a meat grinder to all of Bill's accusers/mistresses did her no favors. She'd have earned the respect of many more people, but I suspected long ago that their marriage was a power play with the proviso to him "don't embarrass me"

And as someone alluded to above, Joe Biden had no problem keeping Anita Hill's claims at bay and allowing the biggest slap in the face to replace Justice Marshall on the court.

That being said, all the feelings don't mean a goddamn thing. Use the right that those non-felony convicted citizens over 18 have. It is not perfect, not pure, republicans suck, democrats suck, but voting DOES BEAR CONSEQUENCES.

To all the patriots who were protesting by sitting out the last vote because of the poor "selection," there is no other generation lasting and impacting act as a judicial appointment. If that is the ONLY reason you vote for someone (it was for me), that is a GREAT one, actually the BEST one.
And while the dems and repubs are the two major crime families of America rather than political parties and need eradicating, THIS wasn't the time. WE KNEW one seat on the court was up for grabs. You can't make no principled stand on that shit!! Everything else can be executive ordered or legislatively replaced/amended. This shit is for life. If you think impeachment of him AFTER getting on the bench will be easy, i wish you good luck on your journey.

I wasn't close to excited to vote in 2016. But I knew the stakes if Agent Orange had the ability to shape the federal bench.

So, as the next piece of news sucks away the housefly attention span, remember that every November, stand the fuck up. There needs to be a new party that actually represents the will and needs of people of color, women, and others in search of a more just and equitable nation, but PAY ATTENTION. Sometimes you gotta play fucking chess with this shit. SUPREME COURT NOMINATIONS, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ARE ALWAYS A THIS SIDE OR THAT SIDE TYPE OF VOTE.