Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectin the MeToo era? Nah Reeq
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13281427&mesg_id=13302297
13302297, in the MeToo era? Nah Reeq
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Dec-14-18 05:59 PM
>the only knock on him (from me) is his age.

That is a HUGE knock Reeq. If we are going to knock Bernie for his age, we have to do the same with Biden.

even with
>that...i still think he is more electable in a general than
>everyone in the poll and could patch together large parts of
>the obama ascendant majority + bill clinton white working
>class + hillary clinton romney suburban crossover (and never
>trumpers) coalitions.

Nah. A lot of those people you just listed were frustrated with the Obama administration.

Not to mention, Trump won because people wanted an outsider. Obama won because people wanted an outsider.

The Dems need to run someone who can sell themselves as an outsider.

Biden can't.

and damn near all of his weak spots in
>a primary are outweighed in the general by trump
>vulnerabilities in the same areas (anita hill, verbal gaffes,
>etc).

People said the same about Hilary, and it worked in reverse. Hilary coundn't credibly attack Trump on certain things for various reasons.

You can't have Biden attack Trump on being creepy, mistreating survivors, etc. You lose that higher ground so to speak.

Could you imagine the attack ads, think pieces, and talking heads when Biden tries to go at Trump over his treatment of women?

Hell, that meme of Biden kissing that little girl as she pulls away is making the rounds T O D A Y

Now, even if you want to excuse Biden's past behavior, Biden can't credibly attack Trump on these things- especially not with our false equivalency media.

Cmon Reeq. You know how the media is. Biden plays right into their hands.

>
>dude would clean up among black voters, ancestral dems (some
>who voted for trump) in the rust belt, and the type of
>moderates who handed dems az, ga suburbs, and tx suburbs in
>2018.

I don't think rustbelt folks who were so frustrated with the Obama admin that they voted for Trump are going to come back in droves for Obama's VP.

If you want to win the rust belt, run Brown. Or Klobuchar. etc.

Also, how many women stay home and/or lose enthusiasm when Biden is the guy?

Again, how can Biden look into the camera and tell women "You deserve someone more respectful, who believes survivors, and is more professional"?

He can't.

Plus, the Dems really need the youth vote. College girls for Biden? I doubt it, dog. Cmon.

>
>that electoral formula sounds like a pretty sizable win to
>me.
>

It sounds like Democrat logic/loyalty that got us into this mess, I'm sorry.

The Dem party needs to move forward.

Look, I get that Obama is hugely popular and knows how to wins elections. Biden comes with all of the Obama baggage, and very little of the charm. And none of the outsider brand.

Run a new(er) face with Obama's help? Sure.

But please, please move on from Biden, the Clintons, etc.

Creepy Joe Biden for President? Creepy Joe? He'd get fucking killed with ads.

That is formula for a Dem loss- because the party stayed loyal...sound familiar?

Like someone said, he should have ran in '16. His times up. (oops)

I honestly would be surprised if he won the primary. That said, I hope he doesn't run.