Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti think the overall point is that bernie doesnt have a stranglehold
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13281427&mesg_id=13301538
13301538, i think the overall point is that bernie doesnt have a stranglehold
Posted by Reeq, Wed Dec-12-18 10:38 AM
on what many considered to be his natural core.

if anyone knows how big of a part moveon.org played in sanders rise then they know how big of a deal this is.

to see him splitting votes with establishment dem biden and beto (who has a lot of position that arent even necessarily 'progressive') should raise red flags.

i said it on here a few times before but i thought bernie would be a weaker primary candidate this go round. thats how things are looking right now (even tho its an early poll).

you hit on something important. a lot of bernies appeal seemed to have been based on acute anti-clinton sentiment. the fact that someone indistinguishable from clinton policy-wise (biden) is beating bernie (and among progressives!) seems to prove this.

i think biden and beto could consolidate a lot of votes split between all of the 'establishment' candidates on the list too (if they were to pull out or not run). the same cant be said for bernie imo. that should be even more alarming to his folks.