Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFair point. It's reasonable to ask who he gets money from, though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13281427&mesg_id=13300567
13300567, Fair point. It's reasonable to ask who he gets money from, though
Posted by GOMEZ, Wed Dec-05-18 03:51 PM
oil industry sets off some flags. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more still, but for now it seem innocuous enough. I mean, what was the average contribution in the pool that was included as 'oil industry'? I know the threshold was 'above $200', but I would be curious to see if it's closer to 50 people donating $10K each than it is to 2500 people donating $200 ea.

The stat as presented was definitely shitty and fairly misleading, but worth asking the question.

And to clarify, my 'wtf' wasn't outrage (though for some it may be), it was more something that I wanted know more about cuz it was a surprising fact (even if it lacked context or understanding). My initial thought was 'did it affect his voting in any significant way?'. I'd still like to hear a bit more about that, since so many of his local constituents work in the oil industry.

I just can't get too worked up either way. It seems like political fair play to me. I mean, if he can't overcome that question...