Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHandyman shit... (for the ladies too...being handy isn't gender specific)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13277055&mesg_id=13277055
13277055, Handyman shit... (for the ladies too...being handy isn't gender specific)
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jul-31-18 07:33 AM
Got a call from our tenant on Sunday about the washing machine not working right....

FCK!! We 2 weeks out from closing on the sale of this anchor...I do NOT need shit breaking down now and costing me money...All the appliances are now at least 11 years old....I just need them shits to last 2-3 more weeks please!

So anyway...like a BOSS...I grab my tools and head over there to see what it do...
or what it DON'T do..

So the joint stopped mid cycle AFTER it filled with water.... my deduction was that something has to be telling the machine to NOT proceed with the wash cycle now that the tank is full of water...
WHY?
Because... SAFETY.....a big tub of water doesn't need to be sloshing around when....The LID IS OPEN...
BUT..the lid is CLOSED...

Hmmmmm....

What signals to the machine that the lid is closed?? a SWITCH.
Where is that switch?..

*Breaks out screw driver*
*sees switch is on the back side of the rim where the lid latches*
*determines that the top has to come off in order to access the switch*

Yada yada yada....10 min. later...

The switch crumbled in my fingers... so I snipped the connecter off that joint, spliced the two wires together and plugged the disconnected connecter back in to the washer....flipped the breaker back on, and
BAM!! Washing machine is back to washing again...

THIS is how you slum lord like a BOSS!!

"Get ready....for your blessing....."