Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI saw her in Toronto last week....it was...not good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13276160&mesg_id=13276344
13276344, I saw her in Toronto last week....it was...not good
Posted by dgonsh, Wed Jul-25-18 11:48 PM
I saw her Austin City Limits last year (or whenever it was) and was like "why the fuck is she butchering and hyper-speeding all these songs? does she resent that people love that album?"

but my brother got us tix for my birthday so of course im gonna go. Budweiser Stage in toronto has 11pm curfew with hefty fines for exceeding. LH has the audacity to come on at ~10:20. Played maybe 40 mins of mostly awful versions of most of the album + Can't Take My Eyes Off of You and closing with with 30 seconds of her take of Drake's Nice For What. No fugees.

It wasn't *all* bad. To Zion was pretty good.

Santigold and Busta opened. That was fun.

The sound for the whole night was SHIT. Absolute SHIT. Sounded like when you're at a festival and another stage's act's sound bleeds to the side of the stage you're at. It was just awful.

I didn't expect much, but I did expect the sound to be decent. The Budweiser Stage (amphitheater ) is generally awesome sound. Seen probably 20 shows there, never complained about sound. I dont think anyone sound checked.

What a let down. But my expectations were low, so I wasn't really let down. But damn...