Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDamn...these cats got the tears flowing from Angela Rye
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273815
13273815, Damn...these cats got the tears flowing from Angela Rye
Posted by The3rdOne, Thu Jul-12-18 01:23 PM
Hard to see ol girl get so emotional over the racist calling attacks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lP7qH1xoHA
13273827, I'm not gonna watch because of CNN's clickbait title
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Jul-12-18 01:36 PM
"Panelist cries discussing racism, republican party" smh. It's like WWE
13273858, man, ionno
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-12-18 02:13 PM
shit has to be exhausting trying to debate these assholes all the damn time

I hope she is paid well.

13273874, yup
Posted by The3rdOne, Thu Jul-12-18 02:46 PM
13274042, she's paid very well.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jul-13-18 08:02 AM
13273887, YUUUP. her emotion is EXACTLY what I've been talking about
Posted by double negative, Thu Jul-12-18 03:28 PM
that gaslighting

"oh shit, that house is on fire!"

"oh nawl, see, YOU lit the match, that house ain't even on fire"

13273890, i peeped
Posted by The3rdOne, Thu Jul-12-18 03:30 PM
13273915, Don’t trust it. She must have her own show coming soon...
Posted by kevb, Thu Jul-12-18 05:00 PM
...& is trying to generate more public interest.

I grew tired of her podcast after 5-6 episodes due to the feeling of her her being inauthentic. She’s putting in the work, but her media personality comes across as too put on.

After her conversation with April Ryan, I felt her serpentine ways creeping through.

Kev
13273916, serpentine ways ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Thu Jul-12-18 05:06 PM
lol
13273917, interesting
Posted by The3rdOne, Thu Jul-12-18 05:08 PM
13273942, Serpentine tho?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-12-18 05:59 PM
someone did point out that she didn’t have make up for a reason... smh

Kinda fucked up folks can’t even be trusted to have real tears or anger over racism.
13273988, wat.
Posted by dapitts08, Thu Jul-12-18 07:58 PM
i've been friends with her since way before her profile rose and let me tell you every bit of what you see and hear from her is authentic. that is what was so refreshing about her rise imo. she has done it while being able to stay true to herself and speak what so many of us think (and in the way we speak it) without white washing it.

she's gotten her love for the people naturally. she grew up with parents who fought for the people and she continues their legacy.

but i will say....thanks for this post lol because it made me text her and tell her just how much i appreciate what she is doing for us and future generations. needed to counter some of this negative energy she is getting with love lol

sidenote: of course, i'm biased because i can truly say that i owe my current career to her. she was the first to not just tell me that I was good at graphic design but to actually put her money where her mouth was an hire me to do design work on the hill. i know from experience she doesn't just talk the talk but she walks the walk.

13274002, Thanks for this reply
Posted by kevb, Thu Jul-12-18 08:48 PM
Maybe serpentine was way too harsh.

When she told April she would edit some not so flattering moments from their interview and didn’t and kept pressing her for gossip in Omarosa, it rubbed me the wrong way. We’re human.

I don’t deny she puts in the work and I guess I need to keep it in perspective of which side balances out more. I take back what I said after some consideration and I’m glad she’s speaking for those who can’t in a voice that resonates with those she wants to reach.

Appreciate your perspective.

Kev
13274009, it's all good :)
Posted by dapitts08, Thu Jul-12-18 09:27 PM
it's easy to forget that high profile people are actually people too and that they will never be perfect and meet all of anyone's expectations....because as a human that is literally impossible.

but like you said....it's balance and a choice to allow imperfections to exist without them canceling the rest of the work (to the extent that those imperfections aren't a complete deal breaker within your moral code of course)

13274044, awesome exchange
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jul-13-18 08:05 AM
13273980, If a racist is making policy, how aren't the policies racist?
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jul-12-18 07:09 PM
I could've done without the tears TBH

Seemed like a civil discussion and she missed an opportunity to ether ole girl

If you love me, why did you vote for hate?

Plenty of openings, but as some said...maybe those were tears of exhaustion...?
13273984, people dont wanna be called racist but they elevated a racist
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jul-12-18 07:35 PM
to the highest office in the land and gave him complete authority to ingrain his racist implementations into our public policy and social fabric. and they *continue* to support him.

i might not be a wife beater. but if i hear my neighbor beating his wife every night...and i not only dont intervene or call someone that can intervene...but i walk over to his house and hand him a baseball bat...what does that make me?
13273982, i feel her. i hate for them to see us weak like this tho.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jul-12-18 07:26 PM
'liberal tears' and all.
13273989, i mean, there are literally compilations of Alex Jones crying
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Jul-12-18 08:01 PM
Glen beck used to weep every day
Tomi lahren was balling when Beck fired her
John Boehner??
that crying charlottesville nazi? that oregon rancher crying into his pocket constitution? etc...

but let Obama get choked up over slaughtered toddlers, and these dudes are... OMG what a pussy!!

how these fuckers who get fake emotional over the anthem, and scared of everyone from 3 year old guatemalan kids to imaginary transgender bathroom preditors have managed to maintain the image as the tough ones is kinda baffling.

>'liberal tears' and all.
13273991, man....no matter how strong the armor is....
Posted by dapitts08, Thu Jul-12-18 08:03 PM
it may still crack.

she's human.

sometimes frustration be needed.

i have to shut twitter down often just from browsing and i don't have these crazy folks actually coming for me... i can't imagine having to wade through the bullshit everyday....on social, in the media, in real life. i don't have the strength to deal with the illogical arguments and comments. i'm not built for it. but i'm glad there are others who are and even when they crack.

lol but like i said above...i'm biased....because i know angela the person and not just the political commentator and activist.
13274038, Cant blame her. Hell y’all had those moments
Posted by BigReg, Fri Jul-13-18 07:14 AM
To be honest when it hits me I ldont mind when its frustrated near tear form. Because when that rage hits reading a particulaely egregious situation or something in real life, It feels way too good to want to let it ride
13274041, Man everyone has a breaking point. Can't fault her.
Posted by Case_One, Fri Jul-13-18 08:00 AM

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13274053, She’s a woman lol
Posted by Trinity444, Fri Jul-13-18 08:57 AM
we cry when shit bothers us :-)

13274066, most Black folks cry when they are angry as fuck
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jul-13-18 09:38 AM
its not tears of weakness tho...

its passion.

13274065, Even Ida B. Wells cried
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Fri Jul-13-18 09:30 AM
Activist/liberation work is a lot and even the strongest people can break down. A lifetime of activism is unhealthy and we should support folks doing the work. I understand why she cried.
13274083, This is so wack damn
Posted by Musa, Fri Jul-13-18 10:27 AM
why are people so emotional around these devils you know what time it is.
13274141, She's dealing with the topic daily. It's called frustration. Tears are in order.
Posted by Case_One, Fri Jul-13-18 12:48 PM

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins