Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI speak about them differently because it's TWO different discussions.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273496&mesg_id=13274159
13274159, I speak about them differently because it's TWO different discussions.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jul-13-18 01:56 PM

Again, one discussion is about Jayden's music and success. The other about whether Kylie is self-made or not.

>>But you are trying to imply that my distate for
>>Jaden's music and acknowledging that Kylie is
>>self-made to some extent is somehow thinking
>>more highly of Kylie than Jaden
>
>
>I'm saying you speak about them way differently, and that'll
>show in your own words below. You can't sidetrack me with all
>that talking around your BS, so here's your contradiction in
>your own words.
>
>>The Apples to Apples comparison would be I
>> think Jaden's music sucks and Kylie's TV shows
>>are garbage that I have no interest in.
>
>>But I find his music wack and his acting terrible,
>>so I resent folks falling all over him like he isn't
>>some talentless hack
>
>Well if they're both garbage, then why not KTSE when folks are
>"falling all over" her?

If I were asked the quality of her work, I would say something like I don't know who she is but what I do know is she is trash (I kind of remember something about some tasteless t-shirts with some black people on it). THough I don't know her, I have general hate for all things Kardashian. But that's not what this post is about.

Heck if folks were making the case that she is this brilliant business person I would strongly disagree because I think her success is more a product of luck and family brand and market bubbles more than anything else. But that's not what this post is about.

This post turned into being about whether she is self-made or not, and by the standards of Forbes, she is. That is the only thing I stated ("Naw she's self made"). before you and Legs jumped the gun and worked up a narrative that I suffer from self-hate.

What's the basis for thinking I got self-hate?

Because I previously stated I resent Jaiden Smith's success and I didn't start this post off hating on Kylie's success?

I should start any discussion of any rich kid, no matter what we are discussing, with stating I resent their success because I once said that about a black kid otherwise I am expressing self-hate?

That's fucking Stupid bro.

Funny you still couldn't bring
>yourself to call her "talentless" or "shitty" or say that you
>resent her.

I literally called her "vapid" AND "talentless" in this post. Try Control +F. SMH.

PLUS you didn't say you resent folks falling all
>over Jaden, you said you resent HIM. Now you're switching up
>what you said.

You can argue resent him, his music, his success are all the same, and I'd say sure. But Read the whole post again. I was clearly talking about his success and his music. That's why I made the point about not feeling that way about him if his music were good. I don't think he is a shitty person, I think he is a shitty artist.

>
>You did give flipnile his answer in your "oranges to oranges"
>comparison, but it's mighty funny how you never asked that we
>"start by admitting we would not know anything about this kid
>if ________" b/c the resentment you have for Jaden is clearly
>lacking where Kylie is concerned.

So your whole shit is because I once bad mouth this black rich kid, if I don't say the same thing before discussing any rich white kid I am displaying self-hate?

You trying to hard to win points with that Jaiden post and it's a stretch.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"