Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's between a Big Dummy or a Benno Boost right now....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273292&mesg_id=13288126
13288126, It's between a Big Dummy or a Benno Boost right now....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Sep-25-18 11:41 AM
>which are the motherfuckin' truth.

I never tried the Jump bikes. They at least LOOK sturdy. I fear that scooters are pushing them out too ultimately. Now i'd rather have the bikes than the scooters!

>I'm going to need to either get an Xtracycle kit for my hybrid
>bike, get a Burley trailer, or go to the full long tail
>(thinking Radwagon) by this time next year -- kid 2 is going
>to be joining his brother at the same school next year, so
>getting them there in the same bike would be super
>advantageous.

I looked into the Xtracycle Leap too...but I couldn't shake the feeling of it being rigid (pause) enough. By the time I added up the accessories it was pushing near $1K too. I do have a Chariot Chanook 1 (prior to them being bought out by Thule). And it's great...but heavy. REAL heavy when hitched to the bike I used for hauling the kid. I'm only going to be hauling 1 now that the oldest is in kindergarten, so i'm not sure if investing in the long tail is the optimal move.

ALSO...check out Yuba Mundo Lux. They're a contender...but I just like the look of the Surly Big Dummy better. The Benno Boost is calling me though. It's the size of a regular bike, wheel size of a fat BMX, cargo capacity of a cargo bike...plus it's different than anything on the road i've seen...which has its own appeal to me.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."