Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCracked my frame on my 2016 bike last weekend
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273292&mesg_id=13277743
13277743, Cracked my frame on my 2016 bike last weekend
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Aug-03-18 08:47 AM
I more than likely cracked it last Saturday and my local bike shop discovered it Sunday. I initially went into the shop that same Saturday I more than likely cracked it because I had problems shifting my front gears. One of the mechanics tightened the wires and sent me out on the road. I still had the same issues shifting the front gears and returned the following Sunday to get new gears as I thought that was the issue. In cleaning the bike down one of the mechanics discovered by frame right by where the front gear is located completely cracked. Fortunately I'm getting somewhat of a deal in terms of getting a whole new bike from the same shop, so I'm not sweating the dollars involved. I'm mainly hurting from not being able to ride for almost a week now since I'm so accustomed to riding.

Anyone else here suffered from cracking their bicycle frames? And I'm not counting anything that happened as result of crashes and such.