Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti had a week where it was just me and my older son
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13273281&mesg_id=13273312
13273312, i had a week where it was just me and my older son
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Jul-11-18 09:03 AM
and i loved it. we were on vacation at the beach for most of it, which certainly played a part. but we also had three nights at home where it was just us. everyone came back home last night which includes my wife, younger son, MIL, and SIL. i was overwhelmed. i had grown accustom to the peace and quiet, nobody being in my way, being able to do whatever, etc. so the rest of this week will be an adjustment of getting back in the groove of family. don't get me wrong, i was VERY glad to see everyone again. it had been a long time, but i really truly value being alone so much more now as an adult then i ever have before. sometimes that scares me because i don't want to get to a place where i am seeking to have time alone that i push people away. i think another thing about everyone coming home was that signaled the end of "vacation" and now we have to get back to focusing on the stressors that were present before we all went away. i like it when life is easy. this is my confession.