Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat's your movie theater enthusiasm tolerance like?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13272926
13272926, What's your movie theater enthusiasm tolerance like?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-09-18 06:46 PM
In other words, how tolerant are you of the enthusiasm shown by others?

I'm generally tolerant, particularly on opening weekend. But sometimes, people are way too over the top.

Some people clap loud, laugh really loud, and/or narrate the movie.

And for the most part, have at it. I'd say I have a decent tolerance.

Then, there are guys like the guy in The Incredibles. He doesn't just laugh. Everything is HAHAHAHAHAH HA HAHAHAHA BWYAHAHA HA OMG WOW HHAAHA WOW OMG IM CRYIN!!!! BWUWUWUWUUWAUAUAHAAHAH!!!

DUDE NO WAY!
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's grating even when he's laughing along with the crowd. However, this does not change for amusing moments where the audience merely chuckles.

Moments of minor amusement elicit the same, gregarious-to-the-point of-caricature laughter. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA BWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

THAT'S CRAZY!
YOU GO!!!
GO JACK JACK!!!

And, after watching roughly 2/3 of the movie, when this guy says "HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAHAHAH OMG THAT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!", and I say, rather loudly, "it would be a lot more awesome if you'd shut the fuck up", I've lost, because now the mrs is pissed, and as has been covered, it's not like that's in the best place. But that's neither here nor there.

She's not really bothered by much, it seems. A lot just rolls off her back. She's non confrontational, to the point that, the four seats we paid for had shrunk to three by the time I arrived with an armful of snacks because she "didn't want to be rude" to the people trying to take our seats while I was getting snacks, and gave me hard time for staring down the prick who took our fourth seat.

But I digress; the point is, she's not the best gauge for whether or not it's reasonable to grow so irritated with such an over the top

In the interest of self reflection.. what say you? Where do you fall in situations like this? Just how over the top does someone have to get in the movies before you start having Scrubs moments, imagining yourself holding someone's head down in a vat of popcorn butter until the bubbles stop coming up, just to release the tension?

13272927, Poeple think that theyr'e watching at home
Posted by handle, Mon Jul-09-18 06:50 PM
So they can talk.

What they fail to realize is that people at their house hate them talking as much as you do.

The ONLY people I give a pass to are handicapped/mentally impaired.

And at kids films before 10pm - kids.

I'll excuse a ringing phone if I hear the person pick it up and say this "I'm on my way to the hospital right now" and then they stand-up and walk out and do not return.

13272928, You give passes. Do you actually call people out?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-09-18 07:06 PM
Because I do.

Prisoners- you going to talk through the whole fucking movie?

Interstellar- I told this dude his girl was going to get him fucked up if he didn't get a handle on her. Oddly enough, my wife was the one who lost her shit first. We bounced and snitched on them for bringing alcohol. Fuck em.

Only reason dude in Incredibles got a more passive and less direct reply was because my kids were there.... but after awhile I had to say *something* or I would have had an aneurism.
13272932, I just leave now
Posted by handle, Mon Jul-09-18 07:26 PM
I just go get a refund/pass and leave.

When I was younger I'd call people out - but now I get angry.

I want to enjoy the movie - and having to deal without kind of ruins it for me.

It's why I have a GIANT OLED TV at home with a pretty good surround set-up. So I don't have to deal with it.
13272929, .
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-09-18 07:06 PM
13272936, i had a scream laugher at the simpsons movie
Posted by dba_BAD, Mon Jul-09-18 08:04 PM
like it was absolutely performative, or pathological, or idk something was wrong

like you described, not limited to the primary joke beats, but at every moment throughout... and it wasn't even a very funny movie by most standards

but they had a buddy who was on the same page

it hurt my ears
13272937, i just go to the real expensive ones now...that crowd is usually good
Posted by tomjohn29, Mon Jul-09-18 08:11 PM
13272948, Real expensive movie theatres? LMAO
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-09-18 11:00 PM
That’s a real thing?

13272956, we got drafthouses here which dont tolerate talking in the theatre
Posted by tomjohn29, Tue Jul-10-18 01:55 AM
no kids under three
huge screens
bring drinks and food to you during the movies
gourmet menu
good inhouse beers
yea they are a thing....and glorious
13272960, No kids under three? Now that’s awesome
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 05:56 AM
We go to one with designated seating and it has the large recliners so there are only 40 or so seats

Last movie we went to was Get Put so everyone was talking to the screen. It was dope tho.

13272969, Alamo Drafthouses are the best
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 07:22 AM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr
13272979, one just opened up near us....signed uo for moviepass right after it opened
Posted by tomjohn29, Tue Jul-10-18 07:38 AM
13273613, Don't forget no late-comers
Posted by nipsey, Wed Jul-11-18 06:38 PM
If you ain't in the theater when the movie starts, you're not getting in. And they really enforce that. Drafthouse is AWESOME. My wife is like, "We can't go to any other theater but Drafthouse now." It's our main theater.

>no kids under three
>huge screens
>bring drinks and food to you during the movies
>gourmet menu
>good inhouse beers
>yea they are a thing....and glorious
>
13272940, yall have some wild movie experiences lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-09-18 08:43 PM
13272947, It’s not that serious
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-09-18 10:58 PM
Only thing that frustrates me is someone on the phone.

A few years back a woman sitting next to us tried to take a phone call.. I had to say something. Take that shit outside. Her man tried to give me a look but what would he be fighting for in that instance?

I rarely go to movies now but once I start taking the kids I imagine it will be loud at kid movies.

You really out here talking shit while with your kids? You wild.
13272950, I found a list of complaints I made about theaters from 2006
Posted by handle, Mon Jul-09-18 11:06 PM
I hate movie theaters in general, this experiences represent a sampling of issues I've had:

I'm not sure wheter to put this here, or in general (or jsut to keep my yap shut) but here is;
The list of complaints about movies in San Diego that the theater is responsible for. (Excludes patron issues and movie content):

Recent issues:

1)Clerks II - Misframed : The tops of everyone's heads were cut off. - Pacific Downtown
This was either the worng lens or the wrong masking . (I walked out)
Come to think of it Clerks II at the Arclight in Hollywood was misframed SLIGHTLY. The bottom of the credits were cut off.

2)Searching for Comedy in The Muslim World - Misframed: Subtitles cut off on the bottom of the screen. You could not read ANY words in two line subtitles. - Pacific Downtown (stayed , but not happy)

3)Syriana - Sounds and hair in the gate: The first 10 minutes were way, way, way too low. You could barely make out the words. Once that was fixed there was a hair on the screen. Very reminiscent of Bugs Bunny Cartoons. - Pacific Downtown (Stayed but not happy)

4)Harry Potter - Sub and Rear Surrounds out : Whichever the latest Harry {otter was. The subs was off and the rear surrounds were not on. Picture was great. - Pacific Downtown (Stayed, but not happy)

5)Superman Returns - Sound too low: The sound was way too low. I informed the ushers several times but they thought the sound was fine. When people talked I had to cup my ear to hear. When the space shuttle blew up you could hear a person talking at normal volume over it. I expect that BIG BUDGET Hollywood films to have IMPACT when things like guns are shot, spaceships are blowing up and when people are yelling. When we went to see it on IMAX the sound was PERFECT! - Pacific Grossmont (Stayed, but not happy)

Older issues:

Hellboy - Anamorphic film shown without anamorphic lens. Everyone was 30 feet tall and one inch wide - Pacific Downtown (left)

Monsters Inc - Sound only from Front Center speaker during last reel. Something went very wrong. Pacific Grossmont (Stayed, but not happy)

The Royal Tannenbaum's - Vertical and Horizontal lines appeared sharply curved . I think this is because the theaters are much less deep than needed for screen size so they use a curved screen. VERY annoying in this film. AMC Mission Valley (Left)

Made - Sound went out completely several times . This seemed like an amplification problem. AMC Mission Valley. (Stayed but not happy)

Impostor - Film Scratched to such a degree it looked very old tyme. Looks like someone unspooled the film on the ground and rewound it. AMC Mission Valley. (Left)

Return of the Kings: Lord of the Rings III - Sound way too low - THe sound was so low that you could hear the people behind you breathe. AMC Misison Valley (Left)

Jackie Brown: on opening day and the last reel was projected upside down and emulsion side out, and backwards. We all got our money back, and free passes for another showing. (UA Horton Plaza)

Spy Kids II in Digital: would not play the trailers or the first 6 minutes of the film. We got free passes, an explanation by the theater manager (he came into the auditorium) and had the option of staying and watching what they could project. We stayed. (AMC Mission Valley)

The Musketeer: it was much much too dark. Obviously a bulb issue. Left that one. (Pacific Sorrento Valley)

And on opening night of Fahreinhiet 911 the air conditioner was broken and the sold out audience raised the tempature to 90 degrees at least.

Add these experiences up with walking out of films because they were awful (Starksy and Hutch, Bullet Proof Monk) and Hollywood is lucky I'm go to the theater at all anymore.

Interesting note: For about two years EVERY film i saw at the local, small, art-house theater broke. It was at The Ken in San Diego. But the film 'Spanking the Monkey' broke three times and we were GLAD. That film was so creepy that it helped us decompress.
Films that broke also included several Jackie Chan movies, Pulp Fiction, The original Clerks and some I can't remember.

I *always* leave when I am alone. Most of the other times I am with other people and they will stay thought almost anything. Now I leave and they call me on the phone when the film is over. Thank God for cell phones.

And I won't mention other things like the peopel smoking pot during Charlie and The Choclate Factory, or the 10 kid fistfight (that spilled into the lobby with the security guard) when I saw Finding Nemo.

What can *I* do ?
13272973, Pacific Downtown sounds like a shitty theatre
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 07:25 AM
13272985, lmao
Posted by Pete Burns, Tue Jul-10-18 08:01 AM
13272995, Man, was it ever
Posted by handle, Tue Jul-10-18 08:21 AM
But I think that year I was situated around it a lot because of where I worked - and that it was cheap and NEW.

But I had another list that had more theaters too - I think that post was trying to shame Pacific.

Hell, when Magnolia came out I saw it there and their was an ANGRY drunk guy in a wheel chair talking shit to the audience.

I had to get the ushers because people were SERIOUSLY going to punch the guy.

I saw The Incredibles at the Reading Cinemas two weeks ago and the theatre had a distinct echo - they way the speakers are setup in auditorum #1 has an echo!! Kind of inexcusable.

13272959, Wait? You was just trying to hold four seats for two people?
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Jul-10-18 04:49 AM

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
13272961, and stared down dude who grabbed a seat
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 05:58 AM
Dude be wildin

13273010, You literally brought up the fact that I said something whole my kids were there
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 08:55 AM
You said this because I mentioned that fact in the post.

So if my kids were there, as was my wife, and I bought four seats, please do the math on that.
13272972, He paid for four seats....so yeah, I'd be pissed too
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 07:24 AM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13272975, oh, ok... yeah, I would be pissed
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 07:27 AM
but how the hell does that get enforced unless its assigned seating?

That seems like nothing but a headache.

13273032, A woman and two kids are waiting for their husband and father
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 09:41 AM
Who is on the theater.

Buying snacks for them.

The asshole is 100%, inarguably the guy who pressures said mother to give up the fourth seat, which was paid for, before said husband and father returna.
13273035, nah, your wife has to hold it down b
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 09:46 AM
you buying snacks for the fam, it's YOUR seat.
13273112, Indeed.....yikes...yeah....let dude sit in your seat then honey...
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 12:11 PM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13273142, Yep. But she avoids all conflict at all costs
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 01:43 PM
She's progressed in some areas but in general she lets people walk all over her.

She just goes with the flow and generally doesn't see things like the two pricks in the theater as a big deal.

Dude takes one of our seats? Not that big a deal.

Dude is loud and obnoxious all movie? Not that big a deal.

She literally said she didn't see what the problem is.

On hand, that's practical. We were fine. My son was fine on our laps.

On the other? She allows shit like that all the time. I get that you got to pick and choose your battles. I didn't need to say what I said and I should have just let it ride, especially with my kids there.

But the seat shit? Nope. Stand that ground. I told her the next time that happens, to call me and I'll head right back in.
13273223, That’s crazy. Not sure how she didn’t see that as a big deal
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 06:12 PM
I heard it was a good movie.

13273009, How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 08:53 AM
13273030, who gives up a seat for their family member who is getting snacks?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 09:39 AM
if that's the case...

bruh, you staring at the wrong person...

that man ain't the problem

13273034, They're both the problem in this situation. Not just her.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 09:44 AM
But yes, absolutely her too.

As diplomatically as I could, I told her she can't let people push or pressure her like that.

But it goes in one ear and all that.
13273038, yeah.. I would be furious on the inside
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 09:47 AM
and that nigga woulda been moving.

was he Deebo big?

13273150, Nobody I'd think twice about trying.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 02:07 PM
And yeah, I've been in situations where I had to realize principle wasn't worth a probable ass whoopin.

It be's that way, sometimes (c) Joe Simon

In this situation, what was done was done, and I shouldn't have glared at dude the way I did with my kids there.

I dunno. She's a poor compass for assessing whether or not I'm overreacting to something, since she let's do many things just roll.

I'd *like* to keep cool in situations like that. What I see as her being walked on, she sees as not allowing others to negatively impact whatever it is she's doing.

I suppose I'm trying to look at where those lines should be drawn, and where they intersect.

13273226, I mean, I'd understand if dude LOOKED crazy
Posted by Adwhizz, Tue Jul-10-18 06:21 PM
Like, it's some people who you can tell aren't wrapped too tight
13273222, I glanced over you paying for them at the mention of her giving up one
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Jul-10-18 05:36 PM
Like the math just ain't add up. But clear from your explanation now. Damn.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
13273690, grown man by himself in an animated movie
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-12-18 07:47 AM
who wants to sit next to a family of 4?

yeah, he's crazy
13272965, Very, very, very low...
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 07:01 AM
Be respectful of everybody else that paid real money for their seats.

I paid too much for these 3-4 seats to have to listen to your stupid ass for the next 2 hours scream/laugh like a drunk preacher at the damn screen.

You know how you act, so go see movies at 11am on a tuesday if you wanna be an asshole

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13272967, this is why i switched to drive-in movies only from 2009 onwards
Posted by araQual, Tue Jul-10-18 07:13 AM
and never looked back.
the ONLY time i go to the theater anymore is for an event movie, and it's only at imax (all 3 Avengers movies sofar, Interstellar, the last Blade Runner).
otherwise drive-ins are a fucking dream come true man.
we've had a functioning one here locally since the 60s. underwent renovations in the 90s and has been ticking along ever since.
i would go at least 2-3 times a week, catch a double feature for half the price of a single theater ticket, the combos were half the price too (and they served Pepsi instead of Coke).
and i get to smoke my balls off all night inside the vehicle.
only reason i havent been since 2017 is cos my ride fell apart and i cant use wifeys car to smoke in and potentially trash with popcorn.

but it's a great alternative. it was like finding the nirvana of movie-going experiences cos it cuts out the most problematic element: other fucking moviegoers. not sure if they still operate in the states but i highly recommend it.

V.
13272976, we have one in Charlotte
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 07:29 AM
can't wait to take the kids once they are a little older.

13272978, Where? The one in Belmont??
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 07:33 AM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13272986, yup, and one in Albemarle
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 08:01 AM
both look terrible but it's not like Drive In's ever looked attractive
13272982, We've got one here in Atlanna...I've yet to go to it though
Posted by tully_blanchard, Tue Jul-10-18 07:56 AM

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13272988, Parents who go to reserved seating movies and sit away from their brats
Posted by B9, Tue Jul-10-18 08:08 AM
Screw you. Seriously.
13272999, My tolerance is very, very low.
Posted by Airbreed, Tue Jul-10-18 08:32 AM
I'm not spending $40 a ticket to hear trina and quan talk and text on their phone. A year ago, a guy who was sitting next to my girl got arrested for punching someone out because they refused to turn off their phone. he asked him about three times because the glow from his phone was bright as hell. Everyone was annoyed. But he took one for the team so to speak. We ended up getting our money back but sometimes, it's not even worth going to the movies anymore. Now we just kodi and chill.
13273047, while I would want to punch someone over a phone at a movie
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 10:02 AM
its really not that serious

I'm not going to jail, getting shot or paying a lawyer over a movie

13273816, ..
Posted by Airbreed, Thu Jul-12-18 01:23 PM
>its really not that serious
>
>I'm not going to jail, getting shot or paying a lawyer over a
>movie
>

whether its serious or not is subjective.

i don't know how it turned out for him. But no one was feeling a bit sorry for the other guy. he was being an asshole to everyone and got served.
13273027, laughing along with the crowd
Posted by infin8, Tue Jul-10-18 09:36 AM
thassit.

you gon hafta shut that other shit up.

I go to the movie theaters where your seats are reserved.

'Bro, scuse me but we got 3D thru 3G. Ima need you to move that drink, or I'll move it.'

13273028, I’m off on days in the middle of the week.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Jul-10-18 09:36 AM
It’s alwsys surprising if there’s anyone else in the theater with me.

That said, I can’t wait to get Infinity War on blu-ray/digital because there was a lot of yapping during the Thursday night show I went to.
13273044, I rarely ever go to movie theaters anymore. Twice in 10 years.
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jul-10-18 09:58 AM
For me, it's the noise. Shit makes me angry hearing people shove junk food into their faces and loudly crunch and/or talk with that shit in their mouths. Eventually, I can't focus on the movie dialog, just someone smacking on some sugary/salty shit, or swirling the ice around in their 1/2 gallon soda, or crinkling cellophane bags, etc. Last straw was some lady that kept shaking her popcorn bag around during a quiet movie.

Also:

- Dickheads playing with their fucking phones in the dark-ass theater
- People walking back and forth
- People talking about things that aren't on the screen in front of us

Just not worth it anymore, especially with these nice home entertainment systems out now. I don't have ADHD or any other brand of short attention span, and I don't like to be limited by those that do.

I prefer immersion, which just isn't possible in most theaters.
13273065, POST JACK: how yall feel about talking during previews?
Posted by lightworks, Tue Jul-10-18 10:29 AM
My boo and I got into it because he was using an outside voice making fun of the trailers and I kept telling him he was loud but he didn't listen.

After he tried to convince me you can talk during trailers and no one cares but I tried to point out whispering is cool but actually talking isn't.

Y'all agree with me or nah?
13273069, not a post jack, just a legit question
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 10:36 AM
and yeah.. it annoys me but I can deal

but if it continues once the movie starts? man...

I just don't understand why folks want to talk as soon as the trailers come on.

stfu b
13273070, No. whispering is fine, talking is not.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 10:38 AM
13273114, Whispering/quietly commenting is fine
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Jul-10-18 12:18 PM
Not a fan of "HAAAAAA THAT LOOKS FUNNY, I'M DEFINITELY SEEING THAT"
13273096, Loud Talking
Posted by adg87, Tue Jul-10-18 11:37 AM
I wanna ask these people have you ever been explained to the concept of a movie theater?
13273115, Depends on the movie, but it's usually pretty low
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Jul-10-18 12:22 PM
Would've hated if someone behind me had been talking all the way through Infinity War or Hereditary or something. On the other hand, one of the better theater experiences of my life involved the entire audience cracking jokes throughout the entirety of Waist Deep in 2006 and it was FAR better than anything onscreen.

If it's a theater without stadium seating, I'm almost angrier at the people who text throughout the movie because it's SO distracting. When I worked at a theater people did not get that even though it was THEIR phone, the people behind them could still see the bright screen in the dark auditorium.
13273118, RE:"it would be a lot more awesome if you'd shut the fuck up"
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jul-10-18 12:26 PM
what I've learned about myself, and this goes for every annoyance, no just movies

address it when it first happens

homie let's one of those megaphone laughs during a preview...light tap on the shoulder...excuse me...I'm having a hard time hearing over your laughter...etc...

having a temper, if I let it rock...it builds until there is a confrontation

really easy to avoid

but anyway, I don't have a problem with people being enthusiastic at the movies

only 2 things that bother me at the movies:
cellphones and babies.
13273138, nigga.. I wish you would tap me on the shoulder for laughing loud
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 01:37 PM
who the fuck is you?

yall really out here touching folks and telling them how to conduct themselves?

I call bullshit

except for CT, dude admitted his attitude might get him shot.

13273143, ...and now I get to play hero for the misses...
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jul-10-18 01:49 PM
SECURITY...LOL.

Seriously though, not much that can bother me at a movie...other than cellphones and babies

My reply was more of a suggestion for not letting things get to the hands being thrown stage

How about a lean in...?

To answer your question sir...I'm the patron seated near you who can't hear anything over your shout laughing...how's that?
13273145, This is why I just don't go. I'm one of *those* dudes...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jul-10-18 01:55 PM
It's like I HAVE to say something after a while... there's a little man on my shoulder like "hey... you just gonna sit here and take that shit bro?" I don't want to be the dude that was arrested for fighting in the theater over someone crunching nachos.
13273152, I mean, it's nachos. People eat in theaters.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 02:09 PM
Do you mean just plain eating nachos, or chomping, snacking, mouth breathing and all that?
13273185, Open mouth chewing, smacking or talking while chewing
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jul-10-18 03:15 PM
The last one (talking while chewing food) really sets me off. I literally just walk off and tell people get at me when they are done eating.

Normal eating bugs me (misophonia), but that doesn't irritate me the same was that they unnecessary noises do.
13273195, Yeah that's reasonable.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 03:26 PM
>The last one (talking while chewing food) really sets me off.
>I literally just walk off and tell people get at me when they
>are done eating.

In the context of being the movies, I mean. That's something perfectly reasonable to be annoyed with in any context, but a movie especially.

>Normal eating bugs me (misophonia), but that doesn't irritate
>me the same was that they unnecessary noises do.

See, this is important too. I realize I'm a little more easily annoyed by certain things, so I try to allow for that.

How much would you say you factor that in?
13273379, I almost always put the onus on myself to change
Posted by flipnile, Wed Jul-11-18 11:44 AM
I ACCEPT that other people will do things that make no sense to me, or are really irritating to me. I've learned to put things on myself so that I can find a solution, because if I blame someone else I'm basically asking *them* to change, which won't happen.

I haven't sat at my desk at work for almost two weeks because of the loud coworkers near me. I just grab my laptop and bounce to somewhere quieter, and if anyone asks it's because *I* need to get my work done, and not because anyone else.
13273155, yup
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 02:20 PM
I definitely have been there before

on some "yo dawg"

but that shit is corny

one time dude was with his girl and intentionally tried to ruin the film for some reason, that was the only time it got real but we had numbers so he chilled.

not sure what that was about.

13273166, Don't be on the phone for more than 10 sec. Don't kick my seat. And YES
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 02:40 PM
I'm taking 1 or 2 of your 5 saved seats if that's where I want to sit and the theater is full. FIGHT ME for it.

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13273187, How hard is it to put the phone on silent and *not* pull it out?
Posted by flipnile, Tue Jul-10-18 03:17 PM
You're far more understanding than I am.

Things like this is why I don't do movie theaters. Folks acting like basic shit like *not* talking, *not* playing with a phone or paying attention for more than a few minutes is some oppressive shit.
13273203, I'm assuming it's a good reason.
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 03:42 PM
>You're far more understanding than I am.
>
>Things like this is why I don't do movie theaters. Folks
>acting like basic shit like *not* talking, *not* playing with
>a phone or paying attention for more than a few minutes is
>some oppressive shit.

RIGHT. Just watch the movie, scream, laugh, talk sometimes, but don't hold a full on unrelated conversation.

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13273191, Cool. So you're good with pressuring a mother to give up her husbands seat
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 03:22 PM
After they've paid and seated themselves, while he goes to get snacks for th heir 3 and 7 year old children, and then challenging the father to fight you for his seat.

You're saying that this is what you would do.

Is that correct?
13273205, Here you go with the OLD Passive Aggressiveness - See, Told Ya
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 03:46 PM
You can't help it. Always with the smarter than everyone else and you be LOUD AND WRONG. So please READ carefully next time.

>After they've paid and seated themselves, while he goes to
>get snacks for th heir 3 and 7 year old children, and then
>challenging the father to fight you for his seat.
>
>You're saying that this is what you would do.
>
>Is that correct?

RIF! "I'm taking 1 or 2 of your 5 saved seats if that's where I want to sit and the theater is full. FIGHT ME for it."

IF THE THEATER IS FULL!

13273218, A direct, pointed question is the opposite of passive aggressive.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 04:55 PM
Especially when said question is clearly trying to clarify a statement you made.

Summarizing your statements and then asking if that's your actual position is called "communication".

>IF THE THEATER IS FULL!

Oh, so your position is, as always, based on a logical fallacy.

Because if one seat is saved for one member of a family of four, you would be able to find an empty seat and wouldn't have to do what you said you would.

If the theater is full and that's the only seat remaining, someone has snuck in, or the theater somehow managed to oversell.

wWich does happen, admittedly.

Which means that, in such a situation, the question still stands:

Are you saying you're good with pressuring a mother with her two children into giving up her seat for her husband, who has paid for said seat and is merely away getting them snacks, and telling him he has to fight you for that seat?

Is that correct?

Are you able to answer the *actual* question, or are you going to run with the ad hominem as usual?
13273221, What part of "IF THE THEATER IS FULL!" don't you follow?
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 05:23 PM
YES! If I paid for 2 seats and the theater is full, I'm sitting down in 2 of the 5 seats that have been saved. You can come up with 50K different wild harebrained scenarios but at the end of the road 2 of the 5 saved seats will not be available after I arrived and sit down. NO need for me to go any further with you on this matter.

13273225, What part of math do you not understand?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 06:18 PM
>YES! If I paid for 2 seats and the theater is full, I'm
>sitting down in 2 of the 5 seats that have been saved.

Where did you get 5 seats from?

You can
>come up with 50K different wild harebrained scenarios

Except my post was about an actual situation. And my question is based on your reply to said post.

So it's a simple question that should have a simple answer.

You're literally the one creating imaginary scenarios here. Not me.
13273240, 5 seats came from my random comment
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 07:00 PM
>>YES! If I paid for 2 seats and the theater is full, I'm
>>sitting down in 2 of the 5 seats that have been saved.
>
>Where did you get 5 seats from?
>
>You can
>>come up with 50K different wild harebrained scenarios
>
>Except my post was about an actual situation. And my question
>is based on your reply to said post.
>
>So it's a simple question that should have a simple answer.
>
>You're literally the one creating imaginary scenarios here.
>Not me.

Dude, that's your issue. You're making too much out of this. Lighten up...

13273242, ....and I asked a specific question.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 07:08 PM
So, in this real life situation, are you stealing the seat or no?

It's fun to play in fantasy land. We can all armchair quarterback pure hypotheticals.

I am asking if you would pull the sort of move you expressed in this real life situation.

It's weird that you can't simply answer with a simple yes or no.
13273283, Can steal what you've paid for playa.
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jul-11-18 06:33 AM
>So, in this real life situation, are you stealing the seat
>or no?
>
>It's fun to play in fantasy land. We can all armchair
>quarterback pure hypotheticals.
>
>I am asking if you would pull the sort of move you expressed
>in this real life situation.
>
>It's weird that you can't simply answer with a simple yes or
>no.

^^ POT or Kettle

13273290, So....is that a yes?
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 07:44 AM
13273578, I already answered you
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jul-11-18 04:30 PM

13273598, So it is a "yes".
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 05:30 PM
Expected, but disappointing.
13273852, No.
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jul-12-18 02:05 PM

13273871, It's 100% yes.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-12-18 02:44 PM
13273230, Bruh, if the theatre is full and my wife and kid are getting candy
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 06:23 PM
You aren’t sitting in those seats. It’s not happening.

You better pray for God to part the aisle and create another row of seats.

Get there earlier bruh

13273239, Man don't let CT pull you into his Gas lighting BS
Posted by Case_One, Tue Jul-10-18 06:58 PM
Use your common sense. If you have 4 kids, you're not taking all of them to get snacks all at once. You're not dealing with all that nonsense. You may take 2 at the most and they will be the oldest. So Stop the drama. Plus, I don't usually do movies that responsible parents take their kids too.

Stop Letting CT hype you up bro.

13273241, Gaslighting?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 07:05 PM
>Use your common sense. If you have 4 kids, you're not taking
>all of them to get snacks all at once. You're not dealing with
>all that nonsense.

Or, as I did, got them situated and went myself.

You may take 2 at the most and they will be
>the oldest. So Stop the drama.

None of that meandering addresses the subject at hand.

You must realize that, yes?
13273284, Just don't let it me you when I come to sit down.
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jul-11-18 06:35 AM
ROTFL. I'm sure you have a soliloquy for this too.

13273285, Follow me....
Posted by tully_blanchard, Wed Jul-11-18 07:03 AM
**Don't know if you have kids, so let's assume you do**

You, your lady and your two kids PAY FOR 4 seats.

You go out and get candy, use the bathroom, whatever..

You come back and some random ass dude is in one of the seats YOU PAID FOR...and refuses to move on some "the theater full lil cuz...I wanna sit here"

You gon' swallow that L? You gon' refer back to this post on some "well, I did say that I would do it too..."

How would you handle that?

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13273291, But that's the thing, that really wouldn't happen. Because math.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 07:49 AM
His premise is flawed from jump.

If a theater has 100 seats and there are 5 "saved" seats, there would still be an open seat for him, because all those seats would be accounted for- including his. 6 seats would be open.

The only real reasons it wouldn't work that way would be if someone snuck in or the theater somehow oversold.

But he'd rather make up an absurd, unlikely scenario while also not answering whether or not he'd do what he said he'd do.
13273297, RE: But that's the thing, that really wouldn't happen. Because math.
Posted by tully_blanchard, Wed Jul-11-18 08:24 AM

>The only real reasons it wouldn't work that way would be if
>someone snuck in or the theater somehow oversold.

Basically...convo over right here...

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13273619, We once got our saved seats jacked by Missy Elliott.
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jul-11-18 07:13 PM
Don't feel like typing the whole story, but basically my homegirl was saving 4 seats for us...

Missy and her bodyguard show up and wanted the seats saying you can't save 4 seats...

Her and Missy start arguing, until Missy say's she'll give her $20 for the seats.. she says give me $100 and Missy does, and took the seats

We had to sit up front and went to go eat on the $100. This was a long way back and she's still mad at herself for taking the money and still like fuck Missy Elliot lol
13273620, LOL!!! I'll never get tired of stories like this.
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Jul-11-18 07:15 PM
13273623, She's A Bitch.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 07:25 PM
13273854, haha.. that's awesome
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jul-12-18 02:08 PM
13273897, That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jul-12-18 03:46 PM

13273608, 10 seconds? Nah, not 1 second
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jul-11-18 06:18 PM
if it's vibrating your pocket, go the fuck outside

if you miss the call, you can call back. outisde
13273175, I hate when a person gets one joke off and everyone laughs and then
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jul-10-18 02:46 PM
that person takes that as encouragement to tell more jokes and then we end up hating that person.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13273198, This!!! Take that win and let it live.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 03:27 PM
13273245, this is a thing? lol
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jul-10-18 07:59 PM
13273609, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YaaZZN9VYs
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jul-11-18 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YaaZZN9VYs
13273206, im generally unbothered by almost anything that goes on in the theater
Posted by Government Name, Tue Jul-10-18 03:50 PM
at this point. when i go now, i basically expect people to be talking, checking phones, etc. anything short of a full on convo that has nothing to do with the movie is good with me
13273214, The 'expensive' theaters suck too
Posted by handle, Tue Jul-10-18 04:40 PM
I hate the theaters that have wait staff that block the screen because someone is ordering wings in front of you.

Also hate places that serve food like chicken - hearing people eat popcorn is bad enough, but here motherfuckers chewing on chicken is 100 times worse.

Dude - if you're 8 feet tall then don't fucking cross your legs or put your foot near the back of my head. Shit's wack.

And if it's not stadium seating then Kevin McHale, Colio and Abraham Lincoln hat-guy will sit in front of you 4 minutes after the movie starts. Or worse - ?uestlove.

If they show a 3-D version of the film and a 2D in the same theater than inevitably they'll eave the wrong lens on for whichever show I'm seeing.

Honestly the best movie going experiences I've had are watching films IN HOLLYWOOD. They tend to have qualified projectionist - and know that if they mess up that there way more likely to have a distributor show up and tell them to fix it or lose the film.

13273227, Yeah. First time I tried a place with waiters was the worst
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 06:21 PM
They kept bothering me. Walking in front of me during the good part.

But the #1 pet peace is white toes on seats. White people, especially women, love to put their feet on shit for some reasons. What’s the deal with that?

Anytime I walk to a seat and see those feet or shoes on the back i make sure they know that no toes or shoes shall touch that chair again. I look at their feet and then look them in the eye... and that pretty much says it all.

13273229, so you hate bad movie theatres...cheap or expensive
Posted by tomjohn29, Tue Jul-10-18 06:22 PM
i love the drafthouse concept where all the problems you list arents an issue
13273249, For me there's only 1 "good threater"
Posted by handle, Tue Jul-10-18 08:33 PM
Arclight in Hollywood - and even then they have issues:

1)Have had several masking issues on films. I usually complain and get a pass to come back when they fix it. (Always a masking issue - never a wrong lens at least.)

2)The Dome SUCKS for all but films shot in Cinerama. I don't want straight lines to be curved unless that's how it was meant to be shown. (Still not crazy about it in that case.)

3)The bathroom situation is crazy. It's like taking a shit in a dressing room with 15 other people.

4)All other Arclight's in LA suck.

But I did get to see menace II Society with a talk by the Hughes brothers AND several "O'shea" disses during the talk.

Seriously though, my 65" LG OLED with my nice speaker/receiver system is better for everything EXCEPT having a live audience who's there reacting to the film appropriately.

In San Diego I think AMC Plaza Bonita and AMC Otay Ranch are the best presentations.
13273288, I HATE the "eat a full meal/watch a movie" SMG type theatres
Posted by tully_blanchard, Wed Jul-11-18 07:33 AM
HATE HATE HATE

The ONLY theatre that pulls this off successfully?

Again....Alamo Drafthouse.

My local (AMC Phipps)...the seats are so far apart that the feet on the back of your seat is a non-issue...and they recline too, lol.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

13273244, A couple things...
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Jul-10-18 07:28 PM
1 you voided his behavior by being the jackass to yell “shut the fuck up” in a kids movie.
And your kids are 3 and 7? I’m sure they’re already cussing people out in daycare and school...just saying. Nothing worse than a grown person cussing out in public around my kids like they have a lack of vocabulary or can’t control themselves.

2 you seem to have very low emotional IQ:
13273257, CT is going to be the dad fighting at little league games
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-10-18 09:35 PM
13273262, False.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 09:50 PM
13273271, What’s your tolerance for these Cracker Jack eating bitches at games
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Jul-10-18 10:32 PM
“I had to cuss this bitch out at my son’s tee ball game because she didnt wipe off the mustard after she used it and left the top all fucked up. I usually easy going and I try to ignore shit but fuck that. I asked her nicely to wipe it off and she just left it on the concession stand for me like I don’t pay for my son to play in the league. So I said “fuck you bitch and she just kept walking”
13273277, You genuinely think that shit was clever, too.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 11:34 PM
Notice how everyone but you (and case) had a genuine, adult discussion on the subject, while you took a low road full of cheap shots and blatant misrepresentations?

That's sort of a thing with you.

You tried to take an analytical approach and failed, because you're not all that good at critical thinking.

Something far funnier than your boring, witless, unimaginative parody attempt is the fact that, had you tried to write something that was actually analogous to both what transpired and my take on it, you'd have to scrap it for not containing nearly enough personal bias or mischaracterizations.
13273258, 1. I didn't void a motherfucking thing.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 09:38 PM
>1 you voided his behavior by being the jackass to yell
>“shut the fuck up” in a kids movie.

Lmao. Do the math on that one.

One action didn't "void" the other. It's not as though anything I said magically undid anything he did.

>And your kids are 3 and 7? I’m sure they’re already
>cussing people out in daycare and school...just saying.

Absolutely not. That's a ridiculous leap in logic. And you should probably keep your critiques centered on me, and keep your imagined scenarios regarding my kids to yourself.

>Nothing worse than a grown person cussing out in public around

One statement with one curse word is hardly "cussing someone out". It's cute, how much you absolutely need hyperbole to make your point.

>kids like they have a lack of vocabulary >or can’t control
>themselves.

"Lack of vocabulary" is easily one of the dumbest, most low-IQ criticisms of cursing there is. Cursing is a perfectly valid form of verbal expression, social taboos notwithstanding.

And so controlled myself just fine. A single, concise, one-sentence statement is hardly out of control. It is, in fact, an example of control. Poor judgment, sure. Lack of control? Not at all.

It's hilarious watching you so badly mischaracterize this, particularly given that I've acknowledged it wasn't a great course of action.

>2 you seem to have very low emotional IQ:

Wrong again. Conversely, a prime example of low IQ, of any sort, is the habitual need to mischaracterize statements and situations, while utilizing absurd leaps in logic in order to make a point.
13273270, At some point bro...you gotta look in the mirror
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Jul-10-18 10:22 PM
You’ve shared enough stories on here for us to fully understand your personality and your low emotional intelligence.

You can say whatever you want but as soon as you shout “would be more awesome if you shut the fuck up” like you’re a teenager trying to impress friends with a quick one-liner, whatever he did prior is no longer the focus.

Now you look like the jackass more than him because people a) remember the last person that acted ignorant and b) don’t appreciate you cussing around their kids.

Also, my assumption on your kids is a direct reflection on you and your lack of control. Just be thankful I didn’t go into my theory on why your wife is afraid to speak up for herself.

I’m sure you’ll respond with another long-winded reply as an attempt to completely ignore your role in the situation but everyone on here knows exactly who you are by what you post. You’re the same dude that NO ONE liked in your office. You’re THAT guy dude. You don’t get it? Everyone left the theater that night saying “I can’t believe a grown ass man yelled “shut the fuck up” in a KIDS movie.” That’s YOU my man. You’re the joke.
13273276, Lmao the hyperbole is hysterical
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-10-18 11:29 PM
>You’ve shared enough stories on here for us to fully
>understand your personality and your low emotional
>intelligence.

It's funny, because you think what those people think about a stranger they will likely never again encounter matters in the slightest. Or that they think about it at all.

>Now you look like the jackass more than him because people a)
>remember the last person that acted ignorant and b) don’t
>appreciate you cussing around their kids.

It's funny, because you think what those people think about a stranger they will likely never again encounter matters in the slightest. Or that they think about it at all.

And kids will survive one use of the word "fuck". The pearl clutching is cute though.

>Also, my assumption on your kids is a direct reflection on you
>and your lack of control. Just be thankful I didn’t go into
>my theory on why your wife is afraid to speak up for herself.

You should avoid either, truth be told. At any rate, you make gigantic leaps of logic, and any theory you'd have is guaranteed bullshit. Particularly since it's clear that you're implying that I'm somehow the reason for her desire to avoid conflict, as though that didn't exist long before me. Add to that, you're grossly oversimplifying.

But as I've stated, you should avoid your theories on anyone in my family, and focus your poorly constructed fallacies on me.

>You’re the same dude that NO ONE liked in your office.

False. I'm the dude who *one* person complained about because I refused to allow her to monopolize my time, both professionally and personally.

But you're doing what you usually do, stretching the truth in hilariously desperate ways to arrive at a point that doesn't exist.

>my man. You’re the joke.

No, the "joke" is anyone who says the phrase "my man", who isn't Denzel Washington.

The joke is the guy who ignores my philosophical pondering on the issue in favor of heavily inflating the less flattering aspects of it.
13273278, Oh...and as far as that mirror thing? You're using "us" very, very loosely.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 12:00 AM
>You’ve shared enough stories on here for us to fully
>understand your personality and your low emotional
>intelligence.

Who is "us"?

Question: do you have ANY friends in here?

You got personal numbers and emails and shit?

Do any OKP's fuck with you on ANY real personal level? Have you forged any real, legitimate relationships here?

Are well liked, he'll, loved, OKP's inboxing you to tell you they're not fucking with OKP anymore, asking for your personal contact information so they can stay in touch?

Yo

Real talk

How many inboxes you got from people telling you that the things you shared touches them in a real way, that it helped encourage them in some way, that it helped them deal with something similar?

Also

How many OKP's have you reached out to, to offer personal assistance in a time of need that they've expressed? How many have returned that favor?

Because I have that. In spades.

And I guaran-damn-tee that I have the respect of more people on OKP who are, in turn, quite well respected around here, then you. Even those who maybe dislike me, will express a certain amount of respect for me that you will never have because you've never earned it.

Because, on here, you're a motherfucking one-note cartoon character.

No depth. No layers. You're not a person. You're a screen name, and a character. You know my flaws in such depth because I'm an actual person here. But a whole hell of a lot about me is known than that, such as my resilience, my resolve, my love for my family, my compassion for hurting people.

Low emotional intelligence?

Was it you inboxing big reg to see if we can get people to lay off a quite mentally ill member? Because I did that.

Was it you inboxing big reg about a member who was starting wild the fuck out so that he can be aware and possibly squash something before it went too far?

Was that you who created a tribute post to encourage a man who is perhaps our most well respected member during a very difficult time in his life? Because I did that.

So you can try and do this lil bit where you try to pigeonhole me as some monolith of cantankerous disdain....but nah.

Fuck. out. of. here.

There ain't no "us" when you speak.

It's just YOU.

Lil ol, nobody assed, dated gimmick having, no friend finding, loser ass 2018 hipster backpacker, non-entity, nothing assed YOU.
13273282, Lol...ain’t no one reading all that bullshit bro
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jul-11-18 05:36 AM
Glad you care so much.
13273289, You read every last word and we both know it
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 07:43 AM
But pretending can be fun I suppose
13273370, Happy you believe that.
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jul-11-18 11:27 AM
You’re posts are insufferable.

Why would I read all that emotional shit from you?

13273386, You always read my posts
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 11:56 AM
The fact that you continually reference them is evidence of that.

And you were completely game to go back and forth, at least until that last one.

Given the contents, the reason is rather clear.

Anyhow, thanks for playing. You can now resume telling yourself you don't read my insufferable posts.
13273585, Lol...you’re a sad human being
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jul-11-18 04:45 PM
13273600, Sad is being all loud and in the mix
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 05:31 PM
and then suddenly feigning disinterest when your narrative gets shot full of holes.

It's particularly sad when one of your narratives relied on you somehow actually being a part of the whole.

I can see why you'd want to suddenly pull the "i ain't reading all that" shtick if it's hard to come up with a response that basically points out that you have no actual friends or relationships of any kind here.
13273637, I have no narrative
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jul-11-18 10:26 PM
You ended up being the jack ass in your story and I let you know.

It’s nice deeper than that.

Do you.

Doesn’t impact me but I’ll let you know the truth.

13273642, The point at which you bowed out is sadly, painfully, crystaline clear
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-11-18 11:07 PM
Everything you've said is a half truth, blatant mischaracterization, or an outright lie.

I explained exactly how and why that is. You were fit for tat, though any valid point you may have had wound up couched in gross errors and logical fallacies.

Then a took a piping hot, liquified shit on the most egregiously inaccurate and unnecessarily aggressive and personal shot you took, by pointing out that there's not a single person here who fucks with you on any meaningful level.

At best you might have a kindred spirit who also dislikes me, or holds a tepidly similar perspective as your horribly dated hipster backpacker gimmick.

But no one who genuinely connects with you as a human being, yet you still wanted throw those ad populum stones anyways, and I called it out.

And that's the point at which the man in your mirror suddenly decided he doesn't read my posts.

That's not just convenient. It's transparent. Thanks for playing :)
13273663, I have no idea what you’re talking about because I didn’t read the reply
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Jul-12-18 03:51 AM
Keep trying though. Whatever makes you feel better about your piece of shit ass.

Facts are, you posted about no one in your office liking you and you yelling “shut the fuck up” as a grown ass man in a kids movie for everyone to hear.

Those are facts that YOU have posted about.

You think because you posted some sob story shit, which I replied and said keep you head up essentially, that it voids your jackass ways?

You need help my man and that’s all I’m saying.

You don’t have to take my advice and I don’t give a fuck of you do but the fact you keep coming back at me like there is some sort of prize of hilarious and very telling:

Have fun my man...as I said...you’re a sad human being.
13273687, RE: I have no idea what you’re talking about because I didn’t read the reply
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-12-18 07:44 AM
>of you do but the fact you keep coming back at me like there
>is some sort of prize of hilarious and very telling:

Psst.....you're in a post I made, in an interaction initiated by you.

Fun fact: a back and forth requires a back....and a forth. That's how it works.

I come back at you because you don't get to pretend the things you say are true or make any actual sense.

>Have fun my man.

See? A cartoon character, complete with a terrible catchphrase.

>..as I said...you’re a sad human being.

Nah. Sad is the need you have to continuously say things like this.

Note how I've dealt exclusively with the facts behind your statements, whereas you've relied exclusively on personal attacks.

Sad is attempting to use my wife and children as a part of those attacks.

Sad is talking all that shit and suddenly pretending you have no interest once the *actual* facts were laid bare.
13273791, There’s no need to further discuss
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Jul-12-18 12:24 PM
You think you’re right for telling someone to shut the fuck up in a kids movie.

I’ve stated that it was irresponsible and ignorant.

Everything else you typed was you being defensive. And that ain’t a good look.

Carry on with your life. Continue to get upset at everything in the word and react emotionally in front of other people’s children.

I’ll continue to think it’s sad that you believe that is ok.

13273801, Again, you're factually incorrect at every single turn.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-12-18 12:50 PM
>You think you’re right for telling someone to shut the fuck
>up in a kids movie.

Blatantly false, but as usual, you choose not to let the facts get in the way. I don't believe I've said at any point that this was the best, or even good, course of action.

The fact is you just assume, as you tend to do, that I somehow think this was the correct thing to do. But I've certainly said nothing to that effect.

>I’ve stated that it was irresponsible and ignorant.

>Everything else you typed was you being defensive. And that
>ain’t a good look.

This is also false, particularly since you've said much, much more than that.

It's hard to tell if you're simply being disingenuous, if you really are this blatantly stupid, or if you're just trolling.

>Continue to get upset at everything
>in the word

Huh? "Everything in the world" upsets me?

>React emotionally in front of other people’s
>children.

Funny how you write the word "continue" and then write this sentence.

You took a single instance and somehow decided that said instance "continues".

>I’ll continue to think it’s sad that you believe that is
>ok.

When have I said that it's "ok"?

I've said that you're overreacting to the severity of the situation. Somehow you think the fact that I pointed out the absurdity of your hysteria translates to me thinking it's a perfectly ok thing to do.

And as usual, you hurl a slew of personal attacks while I focus squarely on the facts of the discussion, whether or not given statements have merit.

You're bad at critical thinking. You have no nuanced or layered perspective, no ability to discern degrees of severity or impact or consequence, and no ability divest yourself of your personal feelings toward the person your speaking to.

Sounds like *both* low intellectual and emotional intelligence to me.

Literally everything you've said is a lie. All of it. Sad is that you can't seem to stick to what actually is, choosing instead to create your own versions of events out of thin air at every turn.

lolz
13273865, You may want to seek out a good therapist
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Jul-12-18 02:34 PM
13273870, Says the guy who just spent 12 or so posts spitting insults
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-12-18 02:42 PM
All based on lies, gross inaccuracies and half truths and utilizing cheap shots in the process.

All while the guy he's talking to focuses squarely on the actual facts of the subject at hand.

Lulz
13273906, I can see why your wife avoids confrontation
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Jul-12-18 04:37 PM
Most likely traumatized and conditioned that way from dealing with your over-sensitive bitch made ass.

I can only imagine your interactions in real life judging by how hard you type on here.
13273924, Note where all the aggression and "hard typing" is coming from in this exchange
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-12-18 05:27 PM
It's amusing watching you switch tactics over and over again, particularly since you're prominently displaying every sordid trait you're trying to pin on me.

It's telling that you suddenly bowed out when you did.

What's even more telling is the ebb and flow of your aggression as you realize you're not getting the sort of reaction you hoped for.

What's pathetic is you using my family when you don't get that reaction in other ways.

We can go tit for that all day. I'm game

But you should really respect that line, t the very least.

Please and thanks.
13273459, Unfortunately I have quite a low tolerance inwardly
Posted by be_yourself, Wed Jul-11-18 01:51 PM
When I watch a movie I want to watch it in relative peace. I'm usually a very patient person but what I perceive as a basic lack of courtesy to other viewers, and a lack of awareness of others around me, tends to rub me the wrong way. Even rustling crisp/chip bags get on my nerves if it's continual. If or when I do say something after a long length of time I'm usually so annoyed by then that it doesn't come over well at all.

----------------
it's coming home