Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA few months back a ho ass neighbor walked up to MIL to “give her a
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13268358&mesg_id=13268370
13268370, A few months back a ho ass neighbor walked up to MIL to “give her a
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jun-21-18 07:51 AM
heads up”
Hey heads up I don’t think you can park in visitor more than three days in a row
I’m here visiting my grand daughter (she has a fast mouth, I wouldn’t have given that man a word)
Well what about other people that may need to use that spot
She says ok and that’s that.

I get home that day and I try talking to dude and he won’t make eye contact with me. I start trying to walk to him and he goes in the house. I didn’t have beef I just wanted to talk it out as neighbors are to do. And that he has no business talking to my guests.

But whatever. HOA rules say no parking for more than 72 consecutive hours for guests. Which she doesn’t. She shows up in the morning, parks in the visitor spot, then leaves when I get home.

The next day dude had parked in the spot before she got there. Which hey, it’s a visitor spot and he can definitely do that, when he moved his car though she put hers there ... because hey. Maybe you should talk to the neighbor rather than their smart mouth guest if you want a situation resolved

There was no more smoke after that.

Until yesterday when we received a letter from the HOA
Stating that it’s been reported that we have a daily visitor (not against the rules) using a spot (again not against the rules) and that this person is the baby sitter (a job) and so please stop immediately as it’s likely we leave to work anyways and she can park in one our spots (I metro or bike, my car barely moves)

My FIL happens to be the former president of his HOA and a realtor and my father is also a HOA board member at his spot, I’m good on responding to that. But here’s what I texted my wife:

What really picks at me in this situation and what I was saying about discrimination is that an HOA is used to protect residents. And in our situation, being residents, they didn’t even bother to evaluate the situation. They took a complaint from another due paying member (the fees are in our rent) and perscribed a corrective action without having or seeking a full set of facts. In which case having an HOA becomes arbitrary and just a tool of enforcement by some.