Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFALL BACK is what you can do
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13267441&mesg_id=13268655
13268655, FALL BACK is what you can do
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-21-18 04:59 PM
>Going through this whole scenario from early on I knew this
>poor kid was headed for this... either by his own hands or
>others..
>
>question is what CAN you do?
>
>How CAN you turn off the fame/hype machine once it starts for
>someone who was CLEARLY in need of serious mental health
>intervention... and also extremely talented
>
>Is "Talent" in society valued over everything else in the
>societal contract?
>
>and MOST importantly.. How do we provide the necessary tools
>to rebuild/care for and be attentive to abuse victims without
>exploiting them for the morality olympics?

In that situation where he's already a millionaire: stop everything and sit down.

The entire point of making music is to enjoy it and earn a living. He earned a living by signing the deal. Shut down the hype machine and get help. The real fans will be there when you come back, look at Cudi as an example. Why get into beefs and violence if you're already rich? Do you see Erik Prince fighting with Pete Wentz?

If I'm facing everything he dealt with then I'm getting help.

Talent is not valued everything else in the societal contract. Celebrity is valued over everything and someone with a strong enough presence can get away with anything Trump as an example.

We're ill equipped to orivude the necessary care for abuse victims due to budget cuts. We can donate money to pubilc health organizations that service underpaid, underworked, and disenfranchised inviduals. Partner with local universities in hopes of offering some form of aid to these people even if it's nothing more than counseling.

An OG/credible citizen should step in and stop young people like this. Stop him and get him and get him the help they need before things get out of hand. Stop living your life on your smartphone is the best thing young people can do. Those fans of yours aren't real and here for the drama not the art. Art lasts eternal while drama is fleeting.