Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis just sux..."I'm sorry. I think I'm about to die."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13266567
13266567, This just sux..."I'm sorry. I think I'm about to die."
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jun-14-18 01:50 PM
I couldn't even imagine...man.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-apos-m-sorry-apos-185334881.html

'I'm Sorry ... I'm About to Die': Mom Carjacked and Killed in Front of 3 Kids While Taking Them to Summer Program

A teen has been arrested in the carjacking shooting death of a Missouri mom who died in front of her three children while taking them to a summer day care program, reports say.

Porsha Owens, 28, was preparing to take her children, ages 3 to 8, to the program at 7:15 Monday when an 18-year-old suspect allegedly approached her, St. Louis County police told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The suspect — whose name has not been released — allegedly pulled up his shirt to cover his face and demanded Owens’ keys, money and purse. Police say that after fatally shooting Owens, he allegedly fled the scene after her car failed to start, according to the newspaper.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Officials from the St. Louis County Police Department were expected to issue warrants today against the 18-year-old currently in custody, Sgt. Shawn McGuire told the newspaper. He said more details would be released when the prosecutor files charges.

PEOPLE’s attempts to reach the St. Louis County Police Department were unsuccessful.

Owens’ cousin Keon King told local TV station WFMY that her oldest son stayed with his dying mother until an ambulance arrived.

According to King, the oldest son relayed to him that after she was shot, Owens looked up and said, “I’m sorry. I think I’m about to die.”

King added, “She didn’t have any chance. It apparently happened so quickly.”

Owens was a safety officer at the Riverview Gardens School District, which released a statement.

“Officer Owens was a treasured member of the RGSD family, who worked diligently to build positive relationships with scholars and staff,” reads the statement, which was posted to Facebook.

Owens family has created a GoFundMe page to help her three children.
13266571, nope
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-14-18 02:06 PM
I can't

not today

fucking savages
13266572, This nigga here
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jun-14-18 02:10 PM
http://fox2now.com/2018/06/13/person-of-interest-in-custody-as-police-investigate-murder-of-st-louis-county-mother-of-3/

I’m hurt man.
13266573, SMH@Bob McCulloch still got a job
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jun-14-18 02:14 PM
Hope the kids get the support and help they are going to need
13266574, That dude is going to suffer, twicefold.
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jun-14-18 02:18 PM
One because he managed to kill someone that was an officer, so I'm sure while he's in custody, the police officers will lump him up some.

Two, if and when he is found guilt and is fully incarcerated, his fellow inmates will make him suffer some more since he took the life of a woman, much less a defenseless woman right in front of his children.

He is truly in for some true suffering. And all for nothing since it appeared he couldn't even get the car to start after he shot the mother. Have to feel sorry for the children to have witnessed that all go down.
13266575, Heartbreaking story.
Posted by kevlar skully, Thu Jun-14-18 02:19 PM
Give that kid the death penalty, fuck it
13266586, I'm really curious about the shooters mindstate
Posted by double negative, Thu Jun-14-18 02:56 PM
we only have so much information to go on, but I would like to see his internal decision tree

After tearing through both seasons of Ear Hustle I'm starting to become curious over the decisions people make that lead to death and violence

what goes through a persons mind where they are in a position where they would be willing to risk everything?
13266590, That's what I'm wondering too
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Jun-14-18 03:10 PM
Apparently he demanded the keys, she refused. So he shot her and took them.

If I were a criminal, I would think the best course of action would be to threaten again. If she still refuses, let her win. Flee the scene.
You live (stay out of jail/investigation) to try to rob again.

I can't see how shooting the car owner would ever be the best choice unless you are trying to uphold your reputation that your threats are credible.

13266606, Exactly, this way she can school her fellow dead folx
Posted by adg87, Thu Jun-14-18 04:06 PM
Yo, that bol don't play.

Do these dumbasses ever think of the real life consequences? I mean, I knew I was an idiot at that age, but I wasn't bout taking someone's life, no matter what they did. And I've been disrespected, assaulted, near chain snatches, pockets ran, the whole nine yards when I was a young bol.
13266703, he was on that Tay-K
Posted by infin8, Fri Jun-15-18 09:45 AM

>I can't see how shooting the car owner would ever be the best
>choice unless you are trying to uphold your reputation that
>your threats are credible.

^^ he probly thought he'd get away with it and start a rap career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay-K

13266724, So I'm between two posts I guess
Posted by double negative, Fri Jun-15-18 10:29 AM
>Apparently he demanded the keys, she refused. So he shot her
>and took them.
>
>If I were a criminal, I would think the best course of action
>would be to threaten again. If she still refuses, let her win.
>Flee the scene.
>You live (stay out of jail/investigation) to try to rob
>again.
>
>I can't see how shooting the car owner would ever be the best
>choice unless you are trying to uphold your reputation that
>your threats are credible.
>
>
either its was stupidity (not having a clear exit plan or panicking in the moment)

or he has some emotional demons at work

But, then again if you're sticking people up for relatively small gains I guess you're not really thinking ahead

13266757, a lot of this stuff is gang related.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Jun-15-18 11:40 AM
prove yourself worthy of the group bs. leads to a lot of senseless crimes.

the thoughts are sometimes just to join the gang and not about the future consequences.
13266935, but you're talking about an amped up teenager
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Jun-15-18 07:58 PM
there is no logic there.

even if there would be at the beginning, dude probably had no backup plan for what to do if she said no.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13266944, Guns make some people feel invincible.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Jun-15-18 10:00 PM
Not only physical invincibility in the moment, but I think they feel invincible to the consequences of actually using the gun. And once you’ve pulled that loaded gun on someone, even if you hadn’t planned in advance on killing them it only takes one fraction of a second for your finger to pull the trigger.
13266595, People consumed with Evil deserve proper punishment and rehabilitation
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jun-14-18 03:30 PM
This kind of stuff test my faith because one side of me whats to pound this dude and the other side hurts for his spirit

Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13266597, all i'm interested in is his punishment. to hell with rehabilitation
Posted by SooperEgo, Thu Jun-14-18 03:36 PM
13266607, But after any punishment. Then what?
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jun-14-18 04:23 PM

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13266620, Hard labor
Posted by Riot, Thu Jun-14-18 05:15 PM
And not some bs that a private prison can get rich off of

More like, go pick up every piece of trash on the beach
Sort out all the trash in a landfill into what Can be reused
Change every water pipe in flint
13266798, I can dig that. But should we allow for an opportunity to reform?
Posted by Case_One, Fri Jun-15-18 12:39 PM

13266800, no comment
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-15-18 12:41 PM
13266598, a couple streets over from my old church...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-14-18 03:38 PM
and I used to live in Riverview Gardens. So sad, man. Her people said she bought cars to fix them up and put them in shows...he prolly had been scheming on her. Piece of shit.
13266794, ... ... sad... what a punk. *spits*
Posted by PG, Fri Jun-15-18 12:33 PM
13266785, Do we expect the men in that community to do anything in
Posted by micMajestic, Fri Jun-15-18 12:18 PM
particular to address this situation?
13266789, yes.. I expect the men in their lives to step up and help the fam
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jun-15-18 12:23 PM
13266803, Do you think they should do anything to address whatever
Posted by micMajestic, Fri Jun-15-18 12:44 PM
might be the inspiration behind this teen's life choices?

I'm just asking, honestly I'm not judging.
13266814, hard to say.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Jun-15-18 01:08 PM
the men around him might be influencing him to live his kind of life. I hope not, but you never know.
13266950, I thought the community didn't need men. What does it
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Fri Jun-15-18 10:58 PM
want them for now?
13266953, it doesn't need you*
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Jun-16-18 12:23 AM
you specifically.

for some reason you confused that with other men.

glad I could clear that up for you.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13266960, I don't have respect anything you have to say on this issue
Posted by micMajestic, Sat Jun-16-18 06:53 AM
>want them for now?

You find a way to be resentful towards women in damn near every reply.

This isn't Confession Wednesday, no one is looking to be your therapist in here.

13266965, What options does a community have to address crime?
Posted by Riot, Sat Jun-16-18 08:18 AM
If u wanna discuss from a cultural perspective, I'd say anything that needs to be done to repair lost/angry kids needs to be on a long-term scale.

Resources from 10-22 to block out and learn to identify/combat all the negative forces pushing in the opposite direction

Then even after all that, if there is still no economic opportunities, ppl will still look for the fast way& the ski mask way

///but I also don't want to pathologize this crime/suspect. Dude coulda just been smacked out his mind and an idiot. Not anything "the community" is responsible for