Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot sure how to clarify. I'm not saying they're related. .... You asked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13265675&mesg_id=13266007
13266007, Not sure how to clarify. I'm not saying they're related. .... You asked
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Jun-13-18 09:32 AM
what would make me jump to that conclusion....

My response is that I know first hand that a LOT of what I personally learned from adults in the 1980's was taught to me COMPLETELY wrong. The way me and the majority of my peers were parented, exposed to things, disciplined, etc. have been proved to be absolutely the WRONG way to do things.

With all of that in mind, that's immediately where my mind went upon hearing that statement from someone that's in my age bracket.

Just was answering your question about the reason I went there from jump...

My granny was a stand up woman for sure....
But my granny also taught me how to do snuff *shrugs* so I wouldn't smoke refer since it was illegal...
My daddy showed me how to smoke cigs *shrugs* so that I wouldn't be tempted to smoke crack...
It was the 80's...shit was just "different"...good intentions...wrong technique.
I don't share that stuff to glorify it and make it sound profound and wise....
I just can't think of a way that Jada was taught in a way that would be considered appropriate (or legal for that matter) in the 80's.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."