Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectso some of the things that caught me were
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13264401&mesg_id=13264648
13264648, so some of the things that caught me were
Posted by Utamaroho, Thu Jun-07-18 02:03 PM
how in the program they stayed on the kids asses academically, made sure they were in programs and forced them to go, not allow men who thought they might live off the women in the housing out. basically creating the environment where many of the things you see in the typical projects don't even BEGIN to happen. and enforcing that type of tough love. my wife, who's as liberal as any liberal could be then turned the convo to the fact that she'd seen this with sorors who are west indian alog with my observations of immigrants parents from the diaspora, who almost across the board from the stories of their well educated second generation childrens' successes have less than positive views of the hood and the culture therein.

i live in Atlanta and frequent Clarkston where a LARGE immigrant population is, one of the largest in the US and get into these convos all the time with honest as fuck people. the conservative leanings i hear everyday would make your head spin. in fact, this whole post will be a spark for discussion later on and i'll get back at you, but i'm reading this post and thinking "nah, jacking prices won't work" but i KNOW the seed of the idea is shared by many.