Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhen I saw they didn't have full-length Zoom I passed. I still have OGs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13263548&mesg_id=13329683
13329683, When I saw they didn't have full-length Zoom I passed. I still have OGs
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Apr-30-19 09:51 PM
I still have my Jellybean Bryant OG ones, a Hornets pair and a couple Lakers color ones (four rings, gradient home) but those two I didn't wear. I loved the way the tooling felt, very nice Zoom with fluid transition. I don't know how they'd be without the same cushioning setup. I wasn't crazy about the fit. That generation of Flywire I tried to go down half a size where possible (e.g. LeBron 7/8, OG Hyperdunk) but these were too narrow to do that. Fit was a little sloppy as a result and even going down half a size they had a couple spots where the containment isn't great. Overall I think they were one of the better Kobes to play in but again I can't make any guarantees on Protro version. The 1s were pretty cool, nicer materials than the originals which you don't see often on retros now.