Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am getting a little bored but performance has been good lately
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13263548&mesg_id=13263857
13263857, I am getting a little bored but performance has been good lately
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jun-06-18 01:21 AM
LeBron 15, Kyrie 4, KD 10, Kobe NXT 360 and Jordan 32 have all been good performances, each one maybe one little thing shy of being perfect and/or an all-time great. The LeBron had awesome cushioning, materials and step-in comfort. Not very stable though and a weird outsole, seems like it is made for AstroTurf. The Kyrie I feel like could make just a little more cushion or rather softness even though it's a big improvement as it is, the first three were way too stiff. Kobe NXT is a great concept, not really suited for me personally but *some* players really love them. The KD10 had weak containment except for people with really wide feet, who couldn't enjoy them that much because of narrow last. Jordan 32 didn't have the best traction to me and the break-in period was ridiculous. Two weeks just for the upper and probably a month for the midsole. Awesome materials though and if you need midfoot support, these have too much if anything.

I also like some BrandBlack stuff, Crossover 2.5, Future Legend, pretty good. Big Baller Brand ripping them off gave them some publicity.

Been kicking around in a lot of Ultra Boost stuff, Beckham Accelerator Boost, stuff with a really cushy feel to kick around. Basketball-wise I did like the first Hardens a lot, this year's are decent but no primeknit yet.

I have pretty much given up collecting vintage. The stuff I like is getting too old, risky to wear it. That has also really dampened my enthusiasm, because the retro models now are really trash and they seem to be recycling so much of the same stuff over and over.